Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap thermal/acoustic insulation for walls?

Options
  • 31-12-2007 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

UltraBroc23.jpg
    106875.jpg

Hi lads.

I'm considering spending a little cash on reducing sound leakage from my studio room.

Sound proofing is not the objective, as it is a family home and I'm on a very tight budget (couple of hundred max), but I would like to reduce the amount of sound that penetrates through two of the walls in my studio, aswell as possibly the door.

I have a few things in mind, especially after reading this interesting article:
    http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2007/06/soundproofing

Does anyone know of a good (preferably retail) supplier of panels which would do the job, or indeed any interesting ideas for materials which I could use.

I know rolled up carpets would help (and indeed as acoustic treatment) but I would like to do a neat job.

At this stage I'm thinking it might be a good start to fit wooden or cork panels to the whole wall, and something similar to the door.

Oh by the way, it is a very cold room at the Northern exposed corner of the house, so something along the lines of thermal insulation could be very nice, as my father would be happy to contribute towards that!

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Comments

Advertisement