Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics on wordpress blog

Options
  • 31-12-2007 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help me with a minor wordpress issue.

I have a couple of blogs with pics on but when I've uploaded the pics they end up as fairly low resolution thumbnail size, rather than the original size with a decent resolution.

Does anybody know how I can fix them so they're visible in their original size fairly easily?

I'm not exactly an expert at html or anything, so I'm hoping there's an easy solution to this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

What I find works is click on the image in 'edit post' view, then click and option to allign it or similar, and WP will then put the full res image on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Also, I know this probably wont resolve your original issue, but you should look into the lightbox plugin for WP here.

An example of it is here. http://exclusiveapartments.wcmlive.com/ireland/cavan/

Later
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

What I find works is click on the image in 'edit post' view, then click and option to allign it or similar, and WP will then put the full res image on the page.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Edit: . Tried this and it didn't work. It turns out that this particular photo is too big to fit my blog. I found that out by going to the html editor where the image was defined as "image.thumbnail.jpg" rather than just "image.jpg."

I need to find a size that will fit into my blog column and then resize all images to that size. Not sure how I'm going to do this as I don't have any photo-editing software at the moment...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can use this free software to manipulate images, should do for what ya need.

Or you can look at this one for batch resizing images into smaller images or thmbnails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks I downloaded Google Picasa and it's done the job.

It's handy enough so I'll stick with it for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement