Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest way of roaming in the US?

• 31-12-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to California for a few weeks, can anyone recommend a good way of roaming over there? I don't mind buying a pay as you go SIM from a US provider, if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just dont make/receive calls as youl pay through the teethe for that.

Well that sort of defeats the purpose of roaming, doesn't it? I need to make calls in the US.

I just bought a Cingular pay as you go SIM card on ebay for 11 euro including postage and packing, includes $10 credit. Calls are either 10c or 25c in the state, and only 39c to call Ireland! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's definately good value getting a US sim. It's all free to ring other cingular numbers from a cingular sim and fairly cheap.

The only downside of any sim in the states is you pay to receive calls too.

Oh and if you're on o2 and want to use your irish sim sending mms' home is only 15c which is a bargain if you ask me.

Oh and if you're on o2 and want to use your irish sim sending mms' home is only 15c which is a bargain if you ask me.

Since when could you send MMS while roaming? Last time I checked you couldn't even send MMS to phones in the UK (i'm on o2).

It says on the o2 site that sending texts from the US is 35c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Picture message €0.25 per message

That's from the o2 site here

May have been 25c, I thought it was 15 but i used send I mails rather than mms.

But I sent them from both Malta and the States last year no problem, I never sent a text because it was cheaper to send the picture message with way more text.

But I sent them from both Malta and the States last year no problem, I never sent a text because it was cheaper to send the picture message with way more text.

Huh! Weird! Will try it out. Thanks for the tip!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Was in America this summer and a few of us got AT&T sims. It was free to ring each other, 5c to text and 5c to recieve text and 25c to ring home! Was brilliant hardly used any credit!

Advertisement