Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Check Light??

Options
  • 31-12-2007 11:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I have a 01, 1.4 Corolla. Christmas day I was up in Dublin and the Engine Management light came on, now there was no power loss or anything like that, I have checked the usual things like oil, water and caps etc and everything seems fine. I drove it back to Longford and all that day and the car was running sweet. One thing I did notice however is that my driver side window was playing up alot that day, it wouldn't open/close so I had to open the door and close it again and a few other little tricks to get it to work.

I think it might be the window motor that is causing the light to come on but for some reason I doubt it. Anyone got any other suggestions until the mechanic opens??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Can we get this thread closed please? Everybody knows Tototas are 100% reliable all the time:D

Just kidding, sorry, couldn't resist. Best of luck sorting problem. Hope it's nothing serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Folks, I have a 01, 1.4 Corolla. Christmas day I was up in Dublin and the Engine Management light came on...

By any chance is the mileage on your car 60,000 or thereabouts ?
    I believe some Toyota's warn the driver when the timing belt is due to the changed. A guy from work had that problem recently and the mechanics plugged in the electronic diagnostics kit and it didn't return an error code so they didn't know what was wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope its at the 100,000 mark. The corolla doesn't have a belt, its a chain and isn't due to be changed until the 150,000 mark. Also the light doesn't come on when it needs a servicing or anything.

I think its an electrical gremlin in the window motor if everything else is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Engine management light isn't connected to window motor! It could be a dodgy connection or a failing sensor. You'll have to get the code read off the ecu before you can go pointing fingers - your local motor factors or toyota dealership should be able to set you right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well went to drive the car down to the mechanic today and as I pulled up outside the light magically went off. So I went back to work cos the mechanic isn't back for another week or so and its still fine.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement