Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router help

Options
  • 31-12-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

I bought a Zyxel wireless cable router in pc world yesterday, and I am having troulbe setting it up.

So, to configure the router, I was supposed to put the internet cable into the wan port of the router. Thats grand. Then hook up an ethernet cable from router to computer. Also grand, lan connection was establised. Then I was supposed to enter my gateway ip into my broswer. No Dice. It just won't load. In fact, nothing will on explorer. Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I bought a Zyxel wireless cable router in pc world yesterday, and I am having troulbe setting it up.

So, to configure the router, I was supposed to put the internet cable into the wan port of the router. Thats grand. Then hook up an ethernet cable from router to computer. Also grand, lan connection was establised. Then I was supposed to enter my gateway ip into my broswer. No Dice. It just won't load. In fact, nothing will on explorer. Help?

Sounds like the cables are reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'm thinking the devices are on different subnet masks, e.g. your current router is 192.168.0.1 and the new device 192.168.1.1.

Try connecting the device you want to configure directly to your PC and let your PC be assigned an IP address by DHCP (automatically). Now try logging into the router's config page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Worked, cheers. Unfortunatly, ran into some later troubles- rang the customer support at Zyxel, he tryed to guide me through it, no dice, told me to leave it back to Pc World.
    What router would you recommend I get?I was thinking Belkin as Net 1 have instructions on there site about installing Belkin routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Noooo...

Linksys.

Advertisement