Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gametap.com - Whats the catch?

Options
  • 31-12-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this site for game downloads from an ad on Penny Arcade (probably the only site where I will click on ads)

Could someone explain how it works. As far as I can see, I pay $10 a month and can download 900+ games... is this correct? Do the games expire after a certain amount of time?

I've read the "About us" page and their wiki and can't seem to find the catch. All help appreciated. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The "catch" is that there are very few AAA games or new games on the service and there is a monthly subscription.

You could download 900+ games but they are banking that you won't, and you will still be paying $9.99 a month for a service when you are only downloading the "latest" MegaDrive game they have emulated.

A year subscription is $120. I doubt you would find enough good games that you would be prepared to pay that much for in a year. But I don't know, maybe you would.

Oh, and its also only available to people in North America.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

proxy \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eurogamer have one its okish i like the way you can play games without installing all of it.

its like buying a budget game once a month but getting 15.

kdjac

Advertisement