Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saxo Problem

Options
  • 31-12-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

The girlfriends car (97 Citroen Saxo VT) is having trouble starting. Its making a 'cough' noise when she tries to start it. It eventually starts, but it'll cough even when the engines warm. Her dad changed the plugs, oil & oil filter a few weeks ago. I'm thinkin the sparkplug gap is wrong. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Take out the plugs and look for a difference in colour. It may be that the lead isn't connected correctly.
    It could also be something else (sensor or whatever) - hard to tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

its a saxo.

but seriously it might be dirty fuel or air filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

its a saxo.

but seriously it might be dirty fuel or air filter.

Thats what i told her..But she loves her ****roen. I'll try those few bits out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

With very little to go on I will taks a guess..............wrong plugs fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Hmm it does startup though but after 2 or 3 tries. Not sure what plugs are in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Her dad changed the plugs, oil & oil filter a few weeks ago. I'm thinkin the sparkplug gap is wrong. Any ideas?

Was the problem present before the plugs were changed? If it was, have the symptoms changed in anyway since the plugs were replaced?

Advertisement