Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zeitgeist the movie.

• 31-12-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Watched and it appears they have the tinfoil hat set to bake. :)

Now some of it is facts but it is mostly wrapped in bunk as well. Still worth watching if only will make people go out and research what is being mentioned.

Starts off first proving that the Bible is based on Egyptian religion and the bible is just a form of passing on astrology knowledge. Part II covers 9/11 and how it was all orcastrated by the government. Last part goes into how the World Banks are trying to build a new world order by controlling governments and markets. Even claims the rockerfellers planned the stock market crash and stretches links Bush to the Nazi party.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I found it to contain well structured arguments.

the bush - Nazi link is well documented.

as for the Egyptian thing, any good christian will tell you thats what the gospels mean when they say 'and the prophecy was fulfilled':D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I found it to contain well structured arguments.

Well structured arguments doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

There are very good points raised in this movie, most of which have been well documented or written about by established writers. Other parts specifically the origin of Christianity whilst entirely plausible and well argued really wasn't sufficiently backed up with evidence.

This is my major problem with these sort of films/books. They outline incredible claims about written history which for the most part are correct or slightly dubious such as:

- Prescott Bush's dealings with Nazi Germany (well documented)
    - The US 'allowing' Japan to attack it during World War II
    - Gulf of Tonkin Incident
    - Questionable economics of the Great Depression

and of course

- 9/11, some very big questions that haven't been properly addressed

But, they then piece it together with sinister music and move the entire thing towards some sort of world conspiracy; in this case that we are all going to be controlled by a central world government who track your every move with RFID chips and can delete you from existence by disabling it.

Alot of points in the film are of concern to every day people, centralising power more power in governments, the amount of control big business and banks have, the military industrial complex, 9/11, etc. etc...

But these points _WHICH ARE REALLY IMPORTANT_ are lost when put across in a fashion that includes spooky paranoid music and a constant nod towards the lizard kings running the world government :eek:

OK what parts were utter Bunk then?

like I said for the most part I found it clearly laid out and well presented. that said tho I suppose I'm one of the TinfoilHat Brigade

The very 'dubious claims' around the Vietnam War, they made it out that both sides agreed to have a war (Soviet Union and the US) for economic reasons.

The origins of Christianity being based on the Egyptian gods, interesting but not clearly argued, there was no evidence to support the theory they presented. No references.

Then of course there was the feeling that the documentary makers were alluding to a grand conspiracy amongst all the world leaders and bankers and EVERYTHING that has ever happened has been manufactured to create a one world government. GAHHHH!!!!!

• Advertisement

stakey wrote: »
    The very 'dubious claims' around the Vietnam War, they made it out that both sides agreed to have a war (Soviet Union and the US) for economic reasons.

well I dont know about the Soviets, I'll have to research it a bit more, but the american hawks wantecd a war and did everything they could to orchestrate it, the Gulf of Tonkin Lie has been well documented, I could see no reason why the soviets would object to supplying the NVC with weapons, after all they didnt comit any soldiers, so one would assume they would have been in favour of the War, again when I get back to Austrealia and me Broadband connection I'll give this a bit more research.

The origins of Christianity being based on the Egyptian gods, interesting but not clearly argued, there was no evidence to support the theory they presented. No references.

The church has covered this for us by refering to all these earlier references as 'Prophecies'. again it has an air of plausibility about it that merits further research, this one I have looked into a bit and independant sources on the web and some books in the Brisbane state library seem to back up these claims, again when I'm back in BNE I'll mooch down to the Library and see if the books are still there (bout 2 years ago they had an ancient Egypt thing runnin throughout the Southbank complex)
    Then of course there was the feeling that the documentary makers were alluding to a grand conspiracy amongst all the world leaders and bankers and EVERYTHING that has ever happened has been manufactured to create a one world government. GAHHHH!!!!!

dunno about the world leaders I think most of em are just puppets to the LizzardPeople or whatever you want to call them.

it seems fairly obvious to me that we are being pushed in the direction of a One World government UN EU NAFTA APEC all the same people really

I wouldn't question that the Soviet Union was in favour of a war in south east asia, but it's reasons were not primarily economic but also ideological. The film in question here approached the Gulf of Tonkin incident as an international banking conspiracy with the Soviets in toe.

With regards to a movement towards a one world government (which i don't necessarily see as a bad thing); what i don't have time for is the portrayal that the movement towards a one world government is something that is being pushed along those lines by one set of secretive groups planning our future.

There are many large international bodies, APEC and NAFTA have a lot in common but also compete directly (not in the same markets mind you). I don't see them as having a conjoined purpose of world conquest through a world government (or any evidence of it either!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

watched it and it was quite chilling.

The whole Amero, then a World Union being formed seems feasible, although I can't see how they'd ever get China to agree to it. I always assumed the union China has been forming by securing permanent trades routes was meant to be in direct competition with the US and the EU, not to join it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

With regards to a movement towards a one world government (which i don't necessarily see as a bad thing); what i don't have time for is the portrayal that the movement towards a one world government is something that is being pushed along those lines by one set of secretive groups planning our future.

Thing is, nowadays people are conditioned to think a one world government isn't necessarily a bad thing, but conspiracy theorists for decades have been saying the one world government would happen and have been labelled as being paranoid. Same thing will happen with RFID chip implants, but before that some kind of SDI to counter.. asteroids... :rolleyes:
    There are many large international bodies, APEC and NAFTA have a lot in common but also compete directly (not in the same markets mind you). I don't see them as having a conjoined purpose of world conquest through a world government (or any evidence of it either!).

Remember, it's capitalism that makes slaves of you and of me brother. Capitalism = a pyramid. Richest on top, masses below. All seeing eye above it all. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 SASQUATCH

Imagine the worst possible scenario, multiply it x10 , and you're probably halfway to whats really happening. Don't trust those bastards, they're all devils who have no right to live among us, let alone decide how things should be run.
    I know that sounds ultra paranoid, but I have the antidote to balance things out again: **** 'em. they're just a pack of snakes, and I couldn't give two ****s about the *****. Pieces of **** like that don't deserve to be spat on, let alone cowered before.
    If you took money out of the equation , man would be a lot more difficult to corrupt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement