Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiderman: Friend or Foe

Options
  • 31-12-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Playing through this game at the moment with the wife on our HTPC (I have 2 wireless logitech controllers for it). The wife is into platformers and games like Viva Pinata.. etc. So being a Spiderman fan myself and liking Spiderman 3 the game I picked up friend or foe. First let me say that Friend or Foe is inferior in nearly every way to Spiderman 3, graphically, freedom of movement and gameplay. The one area where it isn't, and frankly the one I find most important, is how fun it is to play.

Usually with platformers we'll do the ol switch every life or level for single player. To my surprise however Friend or Foe is a 2 player co-op game. You play as Spiderman throughout, but as you progress you unlock more characters to for player 2 to play with, such as Rhino, Venom, the Green Goblin... etc, there is around 18 characters in total to unlock. You also collect points for each level completed so you can upgrade the power levels and specials moves of the characters you like most.

What I find great about this game is that is that it is so much fun to play. It brings me back to the days of heading down to the local arcade and burning my pocket money on playing through Streets of Rage with a friend. Or other games like Golden Axe or Double Dragon. Friend or Foe takes it a step further by making the co-op a little better, rather than just an all out brawl from start to finish.

For example, atm i'm playing as spiderman, the wife is playing as rhino. The bad guys we are fighting at the moment are too strong to be killed quickly by spiderman, but also move too fast to be hit by the slow Rhino. So as spiderman I can use a move that wraps them in a web to hold them still and then Rhino can charge at them to finish them off. As each character has their weakness and strength you have to figure out the best way to fight each time a new one is introduced.

If you want an easy going, enjoyable game that you can play through with a friend... i'd highly recommend spider-man: friend or foe. My only warning would be, as with the likes of Streets of Rage...etc is that the singleplayer isn't the best, you can switch between the 2 characters, but most of the time you are fighting on your own as the CPU never seems to want to help you out. Its definitely a game better played with 2 people.

Anyone else played it or got an opinion of it?

Advertisement