Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold water feed stop cock 2 bed Charlesland Wood

Options
  • 31-12-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I got an American style fridge and freezer and I was wondering where is the stop cock for the cold water? I have not looked yet but I am hoping it is just under the sink. Anyone know?

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Yeah there is a spare under the sink for a dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Will this be OK for drinking water do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Yeah there is a spare under the sink for a dishwasher.

Just check that this spare comes directly from the mains feed with the main stop cock (brass fitting with a T-shaped handle ) for the house. Most new-builds these days have an indirect supply for cold water feed to the washing machine. Not good if you end up drinking water from water storage tank in the attic. Otherwise you can T-off the cold feed to the sink, there is a flexible connection there...depending on your arrangement of pipes under the sink it might be fairly easy to T-off at this flexible pipe connection!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement