Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deise resolutions

• 31-12-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

what are the new year resolutions of the people of waterford, or what would ye like to see happen in waterford over the next 12 months .everything considered sport/politics/construction and things on a personal level job/relationships/acheivements , any plans or things ya want to do, run a marathon ,get a tatoo,wallow in a bath of baby oil (thats a personal vice i have ). so what do ye think

i know its not a great thread just trying to drum up a bit of conversation

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was thinking of doing this, nice thread.

For me, id like to see an improvement in getting Waterford recognised more. The continued expansion of the Airport, more shops and retail parks (with decent stuff in like B&Q or Harvy Norman) opening. Id love to see more shopping centers, and improvements to the city center itself. Shops like Brown Thomas and Marks and Spencers are nedded. We need a mix, not just dirt cheap retailers like Penneys (whose store is a mess in general).

Virgin Megastore or HMV - all we have is Golden Discs and that ****ty expensive and rundown shop (now closing, thank god) up by Funk It.

I would love to see some bylaw passed stopping Brendan MCann & Co. from ****ing with our planning system. How can one man control our citys development, and get away with it?

Some nice Hotels attracting people to our city & county. The hotels in Tramore are not the best, and they dont seem to interested in promoting the town. Waterford has little when it comes to decent Hotels, or there to far out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Get a new job for me being the main priority and go on a holiday to some random place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

An All Ireland senior hurling tiltle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

The same thing we do every year pinky... Try to take over the world! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote: »

That would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hurling title would be excellent for the county!
    On a personal level I'm hoping to make a few quid from photography and get some of that gear paying for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I want to cycle and run on the most scenic tracks and trails in Waterford.

I'll need your help on this because I know where VERY few of them are!

Happy New Year Butties!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

im running my first (and if it goes well second) marathon in 2008 so fingers crossed ,all ireland win for the hurlers and id love a really good expansive book shop in waterford i could browse around for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Mossy Monk wrote: »

God that would be great and a great historical day.

Did anyone see Eoin Murphy win the Celebrity Jigs & Reels? He insisted in wearing deise colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

U-NI-VER-SI-TY!!!!

Do you hear us Hanafin????

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    U-NI-VER-SI-TY!!!!

Do you hear us Hanafin????

To early for that, WIT is a complete mess. I cant see how it becoming a Uni will fix this - I think it would make it worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sully wrote: »
    To early for that, WIT is a complete mess. I cant see how it becoming a Uni will fix this - I think it would make it worse!

Sully, every organisation in the world is a complete mess, with things being made up as they go along and incompetent people stumbling about like blind people in a room with the furniture rearranged.

I'm not talking about government or civil service here either. I'm talking about any company I've ever worked for (including a certain three-letter computer behemoth). On the surface you see the marketing blurb and shiny presentations, but underneath there are people of all abilities and agendas somehow just about getting the ball across the line before the final whistle (enough metaphors for ya??)

The best companies I've ever worked for are those that are fast-growing and constantly rearranging, because that's where the opportunities are. They live in a constant state of chaos. I would prefer that for WIT rather than some sort of semi-stasis type condition.

If WIT has to wait to be perfect, then its day as a university will never come.

I see your point, but I just feel things would get worse if they got university status at this stage. Its just that bit to early. But, as you say - perhaps it will improve if they get it.

Advertisement