Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

URGENT battery replacement in VW Passat 2006

Options
  • 31-12-2007 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone know how to change the battery in the iginition key for a 2006 VW Passat we are in Belgium and all the dealerships are closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do you not have the manual in the car with you?

It's usually a screw on the key or it slides/pulls apart. (not specifically VW , just mean keys in general)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

yes the manual is in the car, hmm, the battery is gone in the key so we cannot get into the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

doenst the 2006 passat have a keyless entry system. Runs on some other device that you push into the dash. If so there is an emergency key in the key fob you have that you can release manually.

Check this link out which should sort it

http://www.vw.ca/SP/ca/pdf/en/en_supplement2006.pdf

I am presuming this is the keyless system so correct me if im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As mentioned above, there must be a manual work around for getting into the car as a failed battery in the key is a common enough issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

As said in the post before there is a manual key in the key fob for situations like this. Its all explained in the link.

Hopefully the OP got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pull the emergency key out of the transmitter - press the button on the side of the transmitter, and also remove the cover from the door handle. See the link posted by chris85. I can't remember if the keyway is on the driver or passenger side door - but if it's an LHD, I'd be inclined to check the drivers door first.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Thanks all for the replies, got it sorted eventually!

Advertisement