Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

google earth not working

• 31-12-2007 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

hi all i recently downloaded the most recent release of google earth and now i wont work at all for me. Before this it was working perfectly. now when i click to start it up i get the working icon (hourglass) for a second of 2 then nothing.
    i dont think that i have installed anything else that might have caused this,
    is there any specific software upgrades i might need to run this recent version of GE ?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

anyone ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Have you tried reinstalling GE?

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ive the same problem now ive just download the latest GE. Did the OP get anywhere in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

works grand for me but then again i havent updated it so maybe theres a problem with the upgrade.

on an aside does anyone know how to embed your youtube files onto google earth? ive a fair few vids from around my area, and i have geotagged and dated them in youtube with the ability for a third party to access them , but im not sure what to do next.

are they added automatically from youtube or do i have to do something in GE myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is googe maps not working for peopel today? they must be working on it?

• Advertisement

Google maps seems to be working fine for me.

even zooming down to aerial photos of dublin, im getting soryy we don't have images for areas they usually do.

infact i just tried on my old computer beside me here and it aint' working there either. an i cleared my cache

Im browsing around Dublin no bother. The odd time I get one or 2 blocks of "sorry we cant....." or whatever but i quick refresh and up she pops.

tried another another computer and different browser, still not working, you must be using cache, damnit i was trying to do something with em today.

• Advertisement

Id want to have a MASSIVE cache and have searched the majority of Dublin recently for it to be my cache.
    Or a normal cache and I just happened to look at exactly the same places as I had stored in my cache.
    Both are extremely implausible, especially since Ive never gone on Google maps at work until I seen your post.

yeah i know i know, it just driving me mad

im just getting everything from sorry.google.com, ah i see it thought i was a bot and blocked my ip , i had to enter a catchpa to get it working again, i don't have any spyware(i just doublechecked) i wonder why it did that, this damn new computer keeps bocking me from doing things and swopping stuf ffrom my old computer i must have turned something off i shouldn't have and got a virus :/

Advertisement