Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

• 31-12-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Wot no sticky?

Sunderland have had a bid for Stephen Hunt turned down. They bid 2.5 million which is taking the pish.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cardiff's Chris Gunter is already confirmed for Spurs.

A right back who is equally comfortable on the left, deal is worth up to £3m based on the usual clauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote: »
    Wot no sticky?

Sunderland have had a bid for Stephen Hunt turned down. They bid 2.5 million which is taking the pish.

Mike.

I can imagine Des standing on top of a tall building with a radio confirming that Hunt has moved to Sunderland :D

Can't see it happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

neither can i, sure wouldn't it be a step down for him?

it will be interesting to see who Sunderland do sign though, rumours about that he might have as much as 20 million to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

2 right backs, a center back, a right or left winger, and a striker will do me at the villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sunderland have had a bid for Stephen Hunt turned down.
    :eek::eek::eek:
    They bid 2.5 million which is taking the pish.
    Two and a half mill? Has Keano taken leave of his senses?

lol, two and a half mill. Get a grip, easily worth ten times that.
    I can imagine Des standing on top of a tall building with a radio confirming that Hunt has moved to Sunderland :D
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Avi Cohen's son is joining Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

DesF wrote: »

:D

i dunno about £25m now.

i love Hunty, if he went to Sunderland i would be scared he would get relagated and not be able to show the world how amazing he is.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    i love Hunty

:mad::mad:

I saw him first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Wonder if Keane will blame Sunderlands lack of shopping centres again....or if he'll admit that Sunderland are relegation fodder with an inexperienced manager who are probably going back to the championship?!

think they also made a bid for savage according to the mirror as well. can see Roy and Robbie getting on like a house on fire! :)

In todays market... Hunt is worth about 7 million imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    In todays market... Hunt is worth about 7 million imo

Yes but when you're willing to spend 9m on a keeper all prices will escalate.

• Advertisement

i'm taking that sort of thing into account! ;)

Well, it's on the back of the Herald (a paper I rate as being on the same level as the sun btw) that Hunt will be the subject of a battle between Everton and Sunderland, and that if he got the chance to play for Royston that he'd grab it with both hands.

Apparently Everton had a £2.5m bid turned down in the summer.

Herald reckons he'll go for something in and around the £5m mark.

Truckload of salt with the herald though.

des ... do you honestly think that Hunt is good enough to make the step up to play for a top club ..... Liverpool for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Wes Brown might get the heeve hoe! You dont pis$ the big man off near the transfer window!

strange how there isnt much talk of drogba leaving considering his outburst after Jose left....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

des ... do you honestly think that Hunt is good enough to make the step up to play for a top club ..... Liverpool for example

lol

hes an international granted for ireland and a premier league player decent one at that, would you rather him playing on the left or kewell playing there once or twice a season.

kdjac

Kewell please :)

Hunt would spend as much time suspended as Kewell does injured ;)

I think he'd need time at a club a tier below that for a year or two, just to see if he can progress that far, before going on to the very top tier.

He certainly hasn't stood still with his talent level, or influence on games, with Reading, that's for sure. He has improved a lot. The question is whether or not he can continue to improve at that same steady pace.

Reading are currently 13th in the table.

He'd need to go to one of the clubs placed 5-12, imo, for a couple of seasons. Anything below that would be a step down for him, and hamper his development.

So here we have Spurs, Newcastle, WHU, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Villa, Everton, City.

Moyes wanted him last Summer, so at least one of those managers would take him.

I think his aggressive, combative style would suit a team like Blackburn, I think he'd definitely improve Newcastle.

So, yeah, if he went and had some success with them clubs, I think he'd be ready for a step up to the Top 4.

Also, if he can become more than an impact sub for Ireland, that would increase his chances. He needs to be able to play from the start in internationals, but I feel that is only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Brown's contract is up in the summer and I'm sure if a decent bid comes in (3 million plus) United will offload him unless he signs a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I would say there is a very good chance we'll see Robbie Savage at Sunderland. He was left on the bench for Blackburn's 2-1 victory against Derby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Drogba wouldn't pass a medical at the minute, don't know how long he's out for. Back of the Indo reports Rafa interested in buying Richard Dunne. He was excellent on Sunday and while one game isn't everything Dunne has been excellent for City for some time now. Deserving of a chance beside Carragher (Whose star has fallen this year imo).

On the subject of Hunt, he's a decent player for a mid table side like Reading. Imo a move to Everton would be a bad one for him never mind a move to Pool.

Celtic sposed to have bid for Barry Robson of Dundee Utd. And whatever Hibs striker is scoring loads at the minute. :p

On my own front, Wenger will as ever spend nothing in Janurary "unless the right player becomes availible" despite our glaring need for a winger and CB courtesy of the AN cup.

Also, I'd say Anelka leaving Bolton is pretty much a done deal. Probably Chelsea bound as they're in bad need of a decent striker.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=531344

Grant seems keen on him as well.

PHB wrote: »
    Brown's contract is up in the summer and I'm sure if a decent bid comes in (3 million plus) United will offload him unless he signs a new one.

Unlucky to be in the same side as Vidic and Ferdinand. I rate Brown highly, a good albeit often injured CB. He'd do well at the likes of Villa/Everton/Newky/City

cson wrote: »
    On my own front, Wenger will as ever spend nothing in Janurary "unless the right player becomes availible" despite our glaring need for a winger and CB courtesy of the AN cup.
    The tabloids are suggesting that he may be keen in re-signing David Bentley :eek:

The tabloids are suggesting that he may be keen in re-signing David Bentley :eek:

Another playmaker? Where would we put him?

The CM position at Arsenal is full to the brim at the minute. Hence Gilberto's departure to hmmm prolly Juve, is imminent. I'll be sorry to see Bert go, he's getting his game for Brazil but can't get it at Arsenal amazingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Isn't Bentley is playing RW these days. Which is what Arsenal need...a winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I sure hope Anelka goes to Chelski, that will quench rumours of him joining Man U.

I prob will be castigated for this but I really dont like Anelka and dont rate him whatsoever. I feel he is so overrated and I hate his sulky attidude at clubs.

Anelka is class.

And his attitude has been alright for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DesF wrote: »

Don't be so conservative Des -- he's worth 100 times that!

• Advertisement

SofaKing wrote: »
    Isn't Bentley is playing RW these days. Which is what Arsenal need...a winger?
    Kinda. Whenever I see him play, he seems to cut inside a lot.

The amount of clubs he's played for most definitely shows that his attitude is not right

PSG
    Arsenal
    Real Madrid
    PSG
    Liverpool
    City
    Fenerbache
    Bolton

And now Chelsea.

Quite a lot of clubs for a 28 year old.

Undoubted talent, somewhat ruined by his attitude. He could have been a lot better than he was. Should have stayed at Arsenal.

He definately should have stayed at Arsenal, he was class there, but like all players he wanted more money and moved to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Helix wrote: »
    2 right backs, a center back, a right or left winger, and a striker will do me at the villa

I'd like to propose a creative midfielder gets added to that and also the striker should be clarified as a prolific proven goal-scorer (20+) not another Harewood.

His attitude at Arsenal stank but since then he has been alright, he was very popular at Liverpool

His attitude at Arsenal stank but since then he has been alright, he was very popular at Liverpool
    When he was at pool , he was on Loan right?

Was there an attempt at the time to sign him permanently?

• Advertisement

Houllier decided to sign diouf instead.

Among a lot of awful decisions made during that time, it still ranks as the worst for me.

The players and fans both wanted him signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Back of the Indo reports Rafa interested in buying Richard Dunne. He was excellent on Sunday and while one game isn't everything Dunne has been excellent for City for some time now.
    I remember they were linked with him a good few months ago too.

That would be sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really dont rate Hunt as highly as some on here.

its only Des Tusky, dont worry!

• Advertisement

Big Ron looks like he could be heading back to Brazil:

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=531098

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I don't think Dunne would be good enough to replace a fully fit Agger, so I wouldn't like to see him move to Liverpool and warm the bench.

Tusky wrote: »
    I really dont rate Hunt as highly as some on here.

+1

He's done nothing out of the ordinary thus far this season. A good mid table club player but no more. It's not like he's a teenage prodigy, he's 26 ffs. Prime of his career.

As for Anelka, his attitude was crap at Arsenal, it was crap at Madrid, it was crap at PSG and it was crap at Fener.

He's just not able to man up when things don't go his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Would love to have Dunne at Liverpool. He's come on leaps n bounds.

He might even give Carragher a run for his money (better in the air, better passer, possibly even reads the game better).

I don't think Dunne would be good enough to replace a fully fit Agger, so I wouldn't like to see him move to Liverpool and warm the bench.

Somewhat controversially to all you Pool fans, I think he'd be good enough to replace a fully fit Carragher. Based on this seasons form.

Agger is still developing, Rafa intends on him to be first choice like carra within a season or two alright, but not quite yet imo. He is still developing (which is frightening), Rafa wanted Heinze to play alongside him as well as Carra in order to develop him more imo. Dunne would do the same job. He wont be playing every week. But it would mean we could give Carra the occassional rest, and not have to play Agger every week.

I think Agger is more than able to be first choice for liverpool already, i think he is an amazing young player, already one of the top CBs in the league. Gonna be a future club captain. And he can only get better playing with the likes of Carra and Dunne every week.

its only Des Tusky, dont worry!
    Boo to you so.

ah come on des, its new years, be nice! :)

PHB wrote: »

united wont get £3m+ for a player a club can have for free in 6 months

id say theyd be happy enough with half that

Unlucky to be in the same side as Vidic and Ferdinand. I rate Brown highly, a good albeit often injured CB. He'd do well at the likes of Villa/Everton/Newky/City

villa were linked with him again today, id take him anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement