Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good signing for Sunderland. With Reid and Richardson they quite a bit of creativity up front.

Good signing for Portsmouth, Defoe is a good player. Odd about the whole Benjami situation, not really sure whats going on there, but I'd say that they must make it at a bit of a profit.

Good signing for City. Need another striker, and a bit of pace up front would do well, especially with Elano and Petrov able to play those through balls.

All in all, transfer window wise, City have done well, Spurs have done very well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

bolton sign rasiak on loan from southapton.

and that ecuadorian lad costs city £5.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Reid is just was Sunderland need. A bit of class in central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

bolton sign rasiak on loan from southapton.

Ah so thats what the Saints website meant by this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

PHB wrote: »
    Good signing for Portsmouth, Defoe is a good player. Odd about the whole Benjami situation, not really sure whats going on there, but I'd say that they must make it at a bit of a profit.
    QUOTE]

I think Harry was afraid he might have to buy Benjami fish and chips for life, so he got rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We've finally got rid of Dabo :D Shipped him back to Lazio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Good signing for Portsmouth, Defoe is a good player.

Defoe's a good player now eh? He must have being amazing in training these last 2 months ;)

http://forum.sparky-s.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54539897&postcount=4607
    PHB wrote:
    Defoe is a terrible player, just terrible. Nowhere near United standard, he's like 50 miles away from it. There are 3 strikers at Tottenham alone I'd rather to Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Defoe's a good player now eh? He must have being amazing in training these last 2 months ;)

http://forum.sparky-s.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54539897&postcount=4607

Owch, burn! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Ah so thats what the Saints website meant by this...

christ im retarded today. was clicking on the "enter saintsfc.tv" thing on the splash screen trying to get to the main page for ages before i realised a) that what you were talking about WAS the splash screen, and b) that it was in fact a screen capture. :o

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    christ im retarded today. was clicking on the "enter saintsfc.tv" thing on the splash screen trying to get to the main page for ages before i realised a) that what you were talking about WAS the splash screen, and b) that it was in fact a screen capture. :o

Hahaha, priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

18.6m Mascherano deal done

Terrible in relation to anything close to United standards. Good for Portsmouth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Terrible in relation to anything close to United standards. Good for Portsmouth

Who?

Just looked back, forget i asked

18.6m Mascherano deal done

We haven't signed Masch yet.

From the official site;
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158670080131-1956.htm

Meanwhile, contrary to reports elsewhere, the deal to complete Javier Mascherano's permanent move to Liverpool has yet to be finalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Still 170 mins to go!

I can't get in the Saints offy site?

Miek.

mike65 wrote:
    Still 170 mins to go!

Miek.

Make the same stupid mistake as me?
    ~Rebel~ wrote:

mike65 wrote: »
    Still 170 mins to go!

Miek.

Rofl! You're all as bad as each other!

;):D

Mike.

• Advertisement

Hold on to your hats
    2151: "My mate is hanging round Anfield now and he just texted me claiming he has just seen Ricardo Quaresma get out of a taxi and get ushered into Anfield! He's not likely to make this up so massive coup for Liverpool if they pull it off."
    maverickcristianoVII on 606

Right.

Mike.

I love these rumours :)

Could anyone here really pick Quaresma out of a crowd :P It's a classic sign when they say, 'He didn't make this up' :P

My mates cousin drives a bus in the suburbs of Southampton and has just picked up Alexandre Pato from the airport and dropped him at St. Marys.

Stalteri has just signed on loan for Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could anyone here really pick Quaresma out of a crowd :P It's a classic sign when they say, 'He didn't make this up' :P

plus, you'd imagine the club would send a car for him rather than make him get a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Could anyone here really pick Quaresma out of a crowd
    :P It's a classic sign when they say, 'He didn't make this up' :P

Eh hell yeah. He's second on my list of heroes after Xavi. I'd know him in a second. My god he better not go to pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

And Gilberto the left back for Spurs. Thats a good couple of days work for the Spurs defence.

• Advertisement

2208: BREAKING NEWS - EVERTON in/TOTTENHAM out
    Talk about a story that has come out of leftfield - this one's a belter. One-time England call-up Anthony Gardner has left the Lane to join Everton on loan until the end of the season. That is a brilliant deadline day move. Thoughts, Everton fans?

Mike.

That's not too bad for Spurs at all. Looks like Ramos sees Bales future in the midfield, or at least wants to provide some competition.

--Hutton--Woodgate--King--Gilberto--

--Lennon--Jenas----X---Malbranque---

Berbatov--Keane

That X for the rest of the season be Huddlestone/Tiago/Boetang/O'Hara.
    I tell ya, Tiago really could have made a difference to that Spurs team.

That's not too bad for Spurs at all. Looks like Ramos sees Bales future in the midfield, or at least wants to provide some competition.

--Hutton--Woodgate--King--Gilberto--

--Lennon--Jenas----X---Malbranque---

Berbatov--Keane

That X for the rest of the season be Huddlestone/Tiago/Boetang/O'Hara.
    I tell ya, Tiago really could have made a difference to that Spurs team.

Did boateng not go to Villa today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Melion wrote: »
    Did boateng not go to Villa today?
    Nope, pretty sure he hasn't. Heres the official moves thus far.

PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFER TRACKER:
    In: Bolton (Rasiak), Derby (Carroll, Stubbs), Everton (Gardner), Fulham (Kallio, Litmanen, Stalteri), Sunderland (Reid), Wigan (Hagen), Tottenham (Gilberto)
    Out: Arsenal (Gibbs, Randall), Bolton (Wilhelmsson, Michalik), Chelsea (Grant), Derby (Bywater), Everton (Stubbs), Fulham (Cook, Davis), Man City (Dabo, Miller), Middlesbrough (M Bates), Newcastle (Rozenhal), Reading (Henry, Pearce), Sunderland (Halford), Tottenham (Stalteri, Gardner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

What about Zokora PHB?

• Advertisement

I find it hard to consider Zokora a player :) But yes, no I forgot him, I don't think he's a particuarly fantastic player though, nowhere near Tiagos levels.

I find it hard to consider Zokora a player :) But yes, no I forgot him, I don't think he's a particuarly fantastic player though, nowhere near Tiagos levels.

Have Spurs actually signed him? Last I heard he was off to Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

****, Chelsea got rid of Grant...he was doing so well.

****, Chelsea got rid of Grant...he was doing so well.

Go on...

The thick plotens
    2224: "Outside Anfield, I can confirm Quaresma rumour to be true, if that wasn't him leaving he's got a cracking good lookalike!"
    Ash, Liverpool, via text

In and out in 34 mins

Mike.

Really? I think Tiago is vastly overrated, not saying that Zokora is amazing or nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

2208: BREAKING NEWS - EVERTON in/TOTTENHAM out
    Talk about a story that has come out of leftfield - this one's a belter. One-time England call-up Anthony Gardner has left the Lane to join Everton on loan until the end of the season. That is a brilliant deadline day move. Thoughts, Everton fans?

Mike.

thats not brilliant, thats amazing. Not only did we get rid of gardner, but watch everton tumble down the league now with that charletan of a defender!

haha! If Spurs can get a solid defensive unit, which their signings in the window should provide, I can see them being a very tough side to beat, may even push for a CL place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

haha! If Spurs can get a solid defensive unit, which their signings in the window should provide, I can see them being a very tough side to beat, may even push for a CL place...

Can you really see King and Woodgate actually staying fit? Really good players when they're fit, but that has been a rarity in the past few seasons.

No, I can't. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This thread is weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The thick plotens

In and out in 34 mins

Mike.

Yeah ... we shall see... Maybe the cabbie kept the meter running :D

Actually, how does this transfer business work? How is it still possible to complete deals at 11pm? Are league registration offices kept open till 12am? Or do the clubs just have public notaries sitting around incase something goes down? Seems odd to me.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Actually, how does this transfer business work? How is it still possible to complete deals at 11pm? Are league registration offices kept open till 12am? Or do the clubs just have public notaries sitting around just incase? Seems odd to me.

Ah who cares, its good fun!

The actual paperwork can be completed after midnight once all parties have agreed the deal and notified the FA/League I think.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The actual paperwork can be completed after midnight once all parties have agreed the deal and notified the FA/League I think.

Mike.

the documents have to be signed and sorted by the clubs, and be in the poossesion of the FA before midnight - they can be processed tomorrow, but they need to be submitted to the FA before the deadline.

Remember the fuss over Ashley Cole? Wasn't that "announced" at about 1 am or something?

here it is http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:FZP25_tBDkIJ:news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/5235160.stm

Madness/nonsense now in overdrive
    2254: "I've just heard from my mate who lives in Anfield and he said Quaresma is not there. However, he did say that he thinks he saw Pablo Aimar."
    bigbrenriley on 606

Good work. But I'm intrigued to know, how do you manage to buy/rent a place IN Anfield? Sounds tremendous - does it come with a box?

2250: "Rumour mill going haywire up here that Peter Crouch is on his way to Toon."
    Craig Cornforth, Newcastle, via text

Mike.

Tauren wrote: »
    the documents have to be signed and sorted by the clubs, and be in the poossesion of the FA before midnight - they can be processed tomorrow, but they need to be submitted to the FA before the deadline.

So if you're in Anfield now, how do you get hard copies of contracts down to the league offices in (I assume) London before 12am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As far as I know there faxed/emailed and hard copies followed after.

• Advertisement

Telex :)

Seriously though I think they accept faxed copies.

News just in
    2258: MANCHESTER CITY in/INTER MILAN out
    Filippo Mancini, 17, son of Inter coach Roberto, has completed his loan move to the City of Manchester Stadium

Mike.

Advertisement