Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Swap deal for Villa, maybe? :p

Villa plus 10 mil :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Swap deal for Villa, maybe? :p

i would say if that happens then david silva will come to liverpool.ronald doesnt want him and benitez does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Koeman doesn't want Silva!? Well then the pool should snap him up, the lad is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A few of the transfers gone through today,
    01/01/2008 	 Chris Gunter (Wal) 	RB 	 Cardiff City (Wal) 	 Tottenham Hotspur (Eng)   Undisc.
    01/01/2008 	 Breno  (Bra) 	        DF 	 Sao Paulo  (Bra) 	 Bayern Munchen  (Ger) 	£8.6m
    01/01/2008 	 Kleberson  (Bra) 	CM 	 Besiktas  (Tur) 	 Flamengo  (Bra) 	Undisc.
    01/01/2008 	 Jimmy Ryan  (Ire) 	CM 	 Liverpool  (Eng) 	 Shrewsbury Town  (Eng)
    01/01/2008 	 Gary Speed  (Wal) 	CM 	 Bolton (Eng)            Sheffield United  (Eng) 	Loan
    01/01/2008 	 Stephen Bradley  (Ire)	MF 	 Drogheda United  (Ire)	 Falkirk  (Sco) 	£?
    01/01/2008 	 Alex Cooper  (Sco) 	WG 	 Ross County  (Sco) 	 Liverpool  (Eng) 	£100k
    01/01/2008 	 Manucho  (Ang) 	ST 	 Petro Atletico (Ang)    Manchester United  (Eng) 	Undisc.
    01/01/2008 	 Adriano  (Bra) 	ST 	 Inter Milan  (Ita) 	 Sao Paulo  (Bra) 	Loan
    01/01/2008 	 Leon McSweeney  (Ire) 	ST 	 Cork City  (Ire) 	 Stockport County  (Eng) 	£?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

where'd you get those eirebhoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Didnt think Speed had a move on the cards.He's done really well when he played.

Guess Giggs will be the only one left to further the scorign in every season record next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Stekelly wrote: »
    Didnt think Speed had a move on the cards.He's done really well when he played.

Guess Giggs will be the only one left to further the scorign in every season record next year.

It's only a loan, he might still have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Adriano back to Brazil, nuts!

sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What now? You mean Kleberson? Adriano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah adriano signed for sao paolo on loan

then was drunk and got in a car crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Damn, Bayern splashing the cash again! Breno any good as a CB?

"Rio De Janeiro - Troubled Brazilian striker Adriano, who joined Sao Paulo on loan from Inter Milan earlier this month"

The month was only 12 hours old.

Kleberson continueing his rise to the top I see.

im sure the article was written in december in fairness

Helix wrote: »
    im sure the article was written in december in fairness

Yeah I assumed but it was dated today. The move was mentioned in it tho , so you never know.

Actually did he move already or was it only today? cos I hadnt heard anything before that

He may have moved over last month but it's only possible to register the transfer from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hope Doyle gets the move..he deserves it.

but do you think it would be good for his career to sit on the bench at chelsea? im sure steve sidwell can advise him best on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hope Doyle gets the move..he deserves it.

A good player but not top 4 material imo.

• Advertisement

hed do a job in the second tier teams tho, which is still a step up from reading

Helix wrote: »
    hed do a job in the second tier teams tho, which is still a step up from reading

Thats fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

kryogen wrote: »
    but do you think it would be good for his career to sit on the bench at chelsea? im sure steve sidwell can advise him best on the matter

Steve Sidwell to Newcastle to replace our newly signed Criminal, Joey Barton? ;)

Adriano went over to Brazil last month, to try get him fit, obviously Inter think he has lost it(mentally apparently) and think a spell back in Brazil might sort him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

evilhomer wrote: »
    Steve Sidwell to Newcastle to replace our newly signed Criminal, Joey Barton? ;)

Adriano went over to Brazil last month, to try get him fit, obviously Inter think he has lost it(mentally apparently) and think a spell back in Brazil might sort him out.

Threw his car into a wall over the new years some some cliams his was locked but his agent denies this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roy Hodgson after Harry Kewell for 1.5 million in todays Mirror.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Porto have named their price for Jose Bosingwa: €30m!! Ridiculous.
    He was a target for Man Yoo and Villa, but I can't see either paying that.

Linky

• Advertisement

Grant says he likes Berbatov and Anelka. I'd be very annoyed if they both went to Chelsea, but I can't see why they would.
    With Drogba Kalou and Shevchenko in front of them, do they really think they can win a first team spot easily enough, especially if both of them join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote: »
    Grant says he likes Berbatov and Anelka. I'd be very annoyed if they both went to Chelsea, but I can't see why they would.
    With Drogba Kalou and Shevchenko in front of them, do they really think they can win a first team spot easily enough, especially if both of them join.

You really think Kalou would be in front of either Berbatov or Anelka? And Sheva would be pushed for his place by Berbatov.

Wouldn't Berbatov be third choice at ManYoo?

I don't think so. Personally I think Berbatov would be 2nd choice at Man Utd, after Rooney. Different games for different players though obviosuly,

Do I think Kalou is personally better than the other two? I think he might be better than Anelka, but not sure. Do I think Sheva should be pushed for his place by those two? Yep.
    Will this happen in the Ambrovomich picked team? Not so sure :)

Either way, surely Anelka or Berbatov would be wary becoming the 5th quality striker in a team with 4 other quality strikers that half the time play one up front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cant see either of them wanting to go there really, maybe anelka if he doesnt mind being benched for a few games to keep abramovich happy, defo not berba though.. he wants regular football aswell as trophies, ive explained why i cant see him going to united or want him at united in the united thread, i would however love anelka, but again, rooney and tevez would be my first choice so tbh i dont need an absolute world class striker, i just need a guy who will bang them in when called upon, a poacher, like ruud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kalou isn't considered a pure striker at Chelsea though. He's often used as cover for the wingers so they could just emphasize that part of his game and bring in both of them though I doubt it will happen. Personally, as a Chelsea fan I'd prefer Anelka. Berbatov is a very similar striker to Drogba but probably not quite as good where as Anelka would give us that touch of class up front that Sheva promised but didn't deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You really think Kalou would be in front of either Berbatov or Anelka? And Sheva would be pushed for his place by Berbatov.

Wouldn't Berbatov be third choice at ManYoo?

look at the chelsea squad though. the squad doesn't lend itself to playing with 2 natuaral stikers.

I think if chelsea do move for a top stiker, it will be in the summer to replace Drogba.

They might go for one now, but then I reckon Shevchenko would have to be sold to accomodate them.

Drogba will be first choice when he is there, and when he is fit, the second choice striker would need to get used to either playing out wide or sitting on the bench a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sure it would be Drogba & Berbatov / Rooney & Berbatov ? Shevshenko is hardly setting the world alight although he is playing well lately and Tevez is very similiar to Rooney.

Tusky wrote: »
    Sure it would be Drogba & Berbatov / Rooney & Berbatov ? Shevshenko is hardly setting the world alight although he is playing well lately and Tevez is very similiar to Rooney.

But what do you do with Ballack, Obi Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Cole, SWP, Kalou, Pizzaro and maybe a couple of others that I am forgetting.

United do generally play with 2 up front - so any striker brought in will be at least 3rd in line for one of 2 startign striker positions.

Chelsea don't tend to play with two strikers from what i see - it is generally a central stiker with wingers and a midfielder coming from deep. Unless Drogba (or a midfielder or two) is sold, I don't see any striker they bring in getting many starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Talk of James Milner heading to Villa Park again, only this time he may be allowed to sign.

Although I also heard at the same time that Sam needed the money to buy Defenders or pay Barton's bail so who knows :D

Villain wrote: »
    Talk of James Milner heading to Villa Park again, only this time he may be allowed to sign.

Although I also heard at the same time that Sam needed the money to buy Defenders or pay Barton's bail so who knows :D

would be a decent signing and provide another squad option which Villa seem to lack, but i reckon he'll get more starts at Newcastle - don't see him displacing either Agbonlahor or Young on either wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Gabby doesn't play on the wing that much he plays up front more, take yesterday for example Petrov played wide on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Not sure Chelsea would be a good move for Doyle, football wise anyway. He'd be left warming the bench. Thing is the $$$ could be very tempting. Doyle is probably on no more than about 15K/wk at Reading. I doubt he's on any more than that (maybe less?). Chelsea would offer 40K easily I'd imagine. Most of their first-team squad are on more than that.

Villain wrote: »

believe it or not i was only saying it in work today that i reckoned we might go for him

hed be brilliant, absolutely brilliant

him on the right and young on the left would be immense, BUT id rather we brought in a dedicated left winger and swapped young out to the right

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Not sure Chelsea would be a good move for Doyle, football wise anyway. He'd be left warming the bench. Thing is the $$$ could be very tempting. Doyle is probably on no more than about 15K/wk at Reading. I doubt he's on any more than that (maybe less?). Chelsea would offer 40K easily I'd imagine. Most of their first-team squad are on more than that.

Don't think Doyle has been linked with Chelsea, has he? He is not a big 4 player imo. Second tier of clubs maybe, but no way top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He has, 8 million the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He has, 8 million the fee.

who has?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He has been linked with a move to Chelsea.

hmmm Cork would get close to a million euro from that transfer, and we get an irish player playing champions league football.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Anelka to Chelsea is a certainty..Don't know about Berbatov. Apparently AF tried to broker a deal involving Brown, but Spurs (and by some reports Berbatov) not at all interested. Given that they are so poor at the back I would have thought that they would have jumped at Brown. 30M+ is the touted price for Berbatov, hence Chelsea showing interest in Doyle (a complete red herring imo) I'd say both to Chelsea if I was a betting man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

NO!

We need Kevin Doyle to get regular first team football!!! Maybe if someone jangles keys or something shiney Abramovic will lose intrest so come on everyone, jangle your keys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

KdjaCL wrote: »
    hmmm Cork would get close to a million euro from that transfer, and we get an irish player playing champions league football.

kdjac

We already have an irish player playing CL football, it doesnt help on the field when the rest of the players under perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If Chelsea were to buy Anelka, and Berbatov, I'd seriously fear them as a threat to win the league.

Melion wrote: »
    We already have an irish player playing CL football, it doesnt help on the field when the rest of the players under perform

I reckon we need 11 playing to be halfway decent and 2 is better than 1, odd noone has any faith in him making it at chelsea i reckon he would fit right in and bang in goals.

I wonder if pats get any of that money if they do hope reading hold out for 16 :D

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I reckon we need 11 playing to be halfway decent and 2 is better than 1, odd noone has any faith in him making it at chelsea i reckon he would fit right in and bang in goals.

I wonder if pats get any of that money if they do hope reading hold out for 16 :D

kdjac

In a fully fit chelsea squad he would be 5th choice striker, thats without them signing Anelka and Berbatov aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I take it the Champions League player you're referring to is Steve Finnan.

What does poor Aidan have to do to be counted? :p
    It's possible that Pat's might actually get a few quid out of it!

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2003/11/14/story60160667.asp

Advertisement