Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Melion wrote: »
    In a fully fit chelsea squad he would be 5th choice striker, thats without them signing Anelka and Berbatov aswell.

Drogba and Shevchenko will more than likley leave during the summer, Doyle is good enough to make the step up to top 4 (lol thats the 5th time i have said that about him from us to cork and being leagues top scorer, from EL to championship, from there to PL from PL to international, now for the last time to champions league/top 4.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

KdjaCL wrote: »
    hmmm Cork would get close to a million euro from that transfer, and we get an irish player playing champions league football.

kdjac

suppose from an Ireland point of view it would be good, but I'm one of those club before country people :) so not bothered

Doyle is a good player, but to be honest I would say it is paper talk,and anyhow don't see him as a top 4 player. Can see him stepping up from Reading though, a good pro and he will step up, but not top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What about O'Shea? He plays pretty regular champions league football :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Darren O'Dea ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I agree Doyle could fit in with the top 4.

Liverpool - Hard worker like Kuyt the difference being Doyle is a clinical finisher. Great in the air and would compliment Torres well.

Man United - Would be like replacing Saha with a Saha who can score and will bother his ass. And tbh i would love it if we signed him but we wont. A selfless player who would be great in the way we use Saha now.

Arsenal - Maybe not, he doesnt really fit in their style.

Chelsea - He's versatile and they clearly are interested.

In all honesty i think he would be better fitted to a UEFA cup team like Villa/Man City/Newcastle (granted not UEFA cup spot but big club)/Everton. Somewhere he could start. He is an exellent striker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I agree Doyle could fit in with the top 4.

Liverpool - Hard worker like Kuyt the difference being Doyle is a clinical finisher. Great in the air and would compliment Torres well.

Man United - Would be like replacing Saha with a Saha who can score and will bother his ass. And tbh i would love it if we signed him but we wont. A selfless player who would be great in the way we use Saha now.

Arsenal - Maybe not, he doesnt really fit in their style.

Chelsea - He's versatile and they clearly are interested.

In all honesty i think he would be better fitted to a UEFA cup team like Villa/Man City/Newcastle (granted not UEFA cup spot but big club)/Everton. Somewhere he could start. He is an exellent striker.

what have you guys been taking tonight??? and where can i get some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Kevin Doyle is not good enough to be starting in a top 4 side! You've all gone mad. Look at the regulars starters now - Didier Drogba, Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez, Fernando Torres, Robin Van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor. Completely different league! He might be in the same sort of category as Kuyt, Voronin, Saha, Shevchenko (on Chelsea form), maybe, but why none of these players are good enough!

Doyle at Chelsea would be a disaster for him, at least in terms of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Doyle at Chelsea would be a disaster for him, at least in terms of game time.

I agree. He'd be far better off at a club where he'd start most games. Somewhere like City, Villa or Everton. But it's been reported that Chelsea are interested, though who knows there will be all manner of rumour flying around the next few weeks.

Ok he's not a Drogba or a Torres, but he's a damn good player and a very good finisher. Good feet, quick, good in the air etc. I reckon he'll probably stay at Reading for now and see what happens in the Summer. Can't really see Chelsea buying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

He wouldn't start most games at Villa to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When did i say anything about starting?

I said:

Liverpool: Could support Torres, but in fairness Eamon Zayed could.
    Man United: Super-sub Saha role.
    Arsenal: I said no.
    Chelsea: They want him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wayne Bridge to Liverpool for 6 million/Riise to Valencia for about the same. Riise is running out of contract and has'nt been offered a new one, Ronald Koeman has expressed an interest in JAR. While some might sceptical but Bridge (from what I remember of him!) can run with the ball and cross.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

mike65 wrote: »
    Wayne Bridge to Liverpool for 6 million/Riise to Valencia for about the same. Riise is running out of contract and has'nt been offered a new one, Ronald Koeman has expressed an interest in JAR. While some might sceptical but Bridge (from what I remember of him!) can run with the ball and cross.

Mike.

Pool will prob sign him and play him left wing.

Wonder after last night will Liverpool be signing anyone? Might have to sell to buy as the owners may be relucatant to part with money now?

I think sell-to-buy has been likely for a while. Riise, Carson, Sissoko are all prime candidates.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

As ive just said in the liverpool thread, cant understand why we are going for Bridge when Aurelio is a far superior player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

GMR report City are rumoured to be making a bid for CSKA Moscow's Brazillian pair of Vagner Love and Dani Carvalho, with Gerogeous Samaras off to Brum for £2m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe Rafa doens't think he is :)
    That said, I think Bridge is an average to decent defender, can't say I think he'd do particuarly well. He'd be solid though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Never heard of this guy but he's on his way to Chelsea. Abrahamovich sending a few more rubles home to Mother Russia.

Chelsea are set to sign Branislav Ivanovic from Lokomotiv Moscow according to Thursday's papers.

The Serbia defender - who had been expected to link up with Nemanja Vidic at Manchester United - now looks set for an £8million move to Stamford Bridge.

Ivanovic can play anywhere across the back four, and has won nine senior caps for Serbia.

He starred as the unfancied Serbians reached the final of last year's UEFA Under-21 Championship, being named in the Team of the Tournament despite a red card in the final.

With John Terry still a month away from fitness and Ricardo Carvalho banned, Ivanovic will provide cover in the centre.

But he can also play at left-back, adding fuel to rumours linking Wayne Bridge with a move away from Stamford Bridge, with Liverpool a possible destination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He play with Vidic at the back for serbia, Milan, Real and Brace were all interested in him about two years back.

Good Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

I take it the Champions League player you're referring to is Steve Finnan.

What does poor Aidan have to do to be counted? :p

well he's scottish, so technically he isnt an irish player playing in the champions league ;)

qpr went on a bit of a spending spree, technically the richest club in the world.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Kevin Doyle is not good enough to be starting in a top 4 side! You've all gone mad.

I think it is because he is Irish, people are saying it, I'll take cover now and hide :)

OPENROAD wrote: »

I think it is because he is Irish, people are saying it, I'll take cover now and hide :)

More so cos he played (very well) in the Eircom League and EL isnt good enough to create PL footballers let alone top 4 :eek:

I just hope we all get paid :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Is Mooney going to Cyrstal Palace from Longford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Think Doyle once played 14 seconds of an U-16 game for Shels which could be possibly attributed to a jersey swapping before full time. Chelsea can send us a novelty oversized cheque now please. Make it out to "The gangsters Ollie owed money to" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lehmann apparently signing for Dortmund tomorrow, they've announced a press conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

To people who say Doyle couldnt cut it in the top four, who would have thought back in 2005, he would cut it in the EPL?

I would argue that the step to the top 4 is way smaller than his step from Cork to the English Premiership.

Has Adidas thought you nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

As ive just said in the liverpool thread, cant understand why we are going for Bridge when Aurelio is a far superior player

I like Aurelio, hes great. But...

07/08 - 10 starts
    06/07 - 14 starts
    05/06 - 11 starts
    04/05 - 17 starts
    03/04 - 0 starts
    02/03 - 27 starts
    01/02 - 8 starts

He cant be replied upon to stay fit. Id rather we killed two birds with one stone and signed someone who can play both CB & LB well...like Heinze, but not Heinze

To people who say Doyle couldnt cut it in the top four, who would have thought back in 2005, he would cut it in the EPL?

I would argue that the step to the top 4 is way smaller than his step from Cork to the English Premiership.

Has Adidas thought you nothing?

Just because he made 1 step up doesnt mean he'll keep on making step ups.

He's a Reading standard player, nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cos Aurelio is made of glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rangers' Alan Hutton to Spurs?

BBC Radio Scotland believe it will happen for £8m.

Unearthly wrote: »

He made the step up from Eircom League- Championship - Premiership

I think your completely wrong to be honest, he is better than a Reading player.

He made the step up from Eircom League- Championship - Premiership

I think your completely wrong to be honest, he is better than a Reading player.

West ham maybe :D

Or the Boro..take your pick..

Or the Boro..take your pick..

:D He would be better off staying at Reading then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Rangers' Alan Hutton to Spurs?

BBC Radio Scotland believe it will happen for £8m.
    Man Utd were supposidly interested in Hutton too, wonder will there be abit of a bidding war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Lehmann apparently signing for Dortmund tomorrow, they've announced a press conference

According to German News the deal has collapsed and Dortmund has cancelled the press conference. The reason are Lehmanns increased Wage demands of mor then 4 mil. for 1.5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hun bastard so...;):D

lol

Step 1 Pats u21s to ELs top scorer and champion with Cork
    Step 2 El to Championship, Readings top scorers in promotion win.
    Step 3 Championship to PL and again Readings top scorer.
    Step 4 PL to international...getting there.
    Step 5 PL to CL...................impossible?

kdjac

If John O'Shea can grace a CL semi-final then so can Hunt.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If John O'Shea can grace a CL semi-final then so can anyone.

Mike.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If John O'Shea can grace a CL semi-final then so can any Hunt.

Mike.

FYP :D

lol

Step 1 Pats u21s to ELs top scorer and champion with Cork
    Step 2 El to Championship, Readings top scorers in promotion win.
    Step 3 Championship to PL and again Readings top scorer.
    Step 4 PL to international...getting there.
    Step 5 PL to CL...................impossible?

kdjac

One step that was impressive, that was scoring 13 goals in premiership, then again so have the likes of Harewood, and Darren Bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hutton hasnt turned down Spurs (yet!), still reckon he is holding out for a call from Fergie!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3020075,00.html

One step that was impressive, that was scoring 13 goals in premiership, then again so have the likes of Harewood, and Darren Bent.

Yet neither get their game every week but "our" boy Doyle does, as you can imagine i realy hope he signs for someone in the top 4, imagine the headlines!!!!

:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7170652.stm
    ramos valuates Berbatov thats like signing the receipt these days.

So spurs bent got 13 goals once seemingly.....lol

kdjac

i relly hope he signs for someone in the top 4, imagine the headlines/abusive nah nah nah told you so posts

:)

kdjac

Yeah I don't often forget posts and will dig up yours to remind you that you were wrong.

Yet neither get their game every week but "our" boy Doyle does, as you can imagine i realy hope he signs for someone in the top 4, imagine the headlines!!!!

We would never hear the end of it from the Irish media ;)

OPENROAD wrote: »

We would never hear the end of it from the Irish media ;)

screw the irish media ex pats player in top 4 shocker!!!!

He would be the 2nd from us ...i can look down on other EL clubs then :rolleyes:

kdjac

screw the irish media ex pats player in top 4 shocker!!!!

He would be the 2nd from us ...i can look down on other EL clubs then :rolleyes:

ah see where you are coming from now, my mistake :)

Any players for the future from Pats that might make it in PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hutton hasnt turned down Spurs (yet!), still reckon he is holding out for a call from Fergie!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3020075,00.html

Looks like he has now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7170640.stm

Hutton rejects transfer to Spurs

Rangers and Scotland full-back Alan Hutton has rejected the chance to move to Premier League side Tottenham in the January transfer window.

The two clubs had been in contact about an £8m move for Hutton but the player decided against making the switch.

Hutton signed a new five-year deal at Ibrox in July, and has caught the eye with some outstanding displays for club and country this season.

Heard a report on BBC Radio 5Live on my way home there about 1am saying the same, that he's rejected a move to Spurs. No mention of Man U in the radio report though.

It must be tempting though, a move to Man U. Its the only position in the club where, for someone coming in, at the moment you're guaranteed to get a very decent chance to play week in week out

• Advertisement
Advertisement