Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote: »
    i can look down on other EL clubs then :rolleyes:

First time in a long while. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looks like he has now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7170640.stm

Heard a report on BBC Radio 5Live on my way home there about 1am saying the same, that he's rejected a move to Spurs. No mention of Man U in the radio report though.

It must be tempting though, a move to Man U. Its the only position in the club where, for someone coming in, at the moment you're guaranteed to get a very decent chance to play week in week out

villa are after him as well

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

DubDani wrote: »
    According to German News the deal has collapsed and Dortmund has cancelled the press conference. The reason are Lehmanns increased Wage demands of mor then 4 mil. for 1.5 years.

Will the Sun be going with "Lehmann's Terms - Deal Off!" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thank Hoff for that. Didn't want Lehmann anywhere near Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Helix wrote: »
    villa are after him as well

Are they? Where did you hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sunderland sign Johnny Evans on loan. Thankfully McShane is going through an excellent run of form but I can't see Keane going with 2 young players at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I can't see Keane going with 2 young players at the back.

He would be a fool not to play his best two centre backs together. Evans - McShane would be a great young partnership for Sunderland and better than any other options available to him.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Sunderland sign Johnny Evans on loan. .

What happened with the "rape" thing (I say "rape" because it seems to be like all the others and a bag of ****e). I assume there was nothing in it as it hasnt been mentioned again as far as I can see.

EDIT. spotted a freudian slip V1llianous seems to have overlooked.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Stekelly wrote: »
    What happened with the "rape" thing (I say "rape" because it seems to be like all the others and a bag of ****e). I assume there was nothing in it as it hasnt been mentioned again as fart as I can see.

He's been released on police bail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Utd turn down bid for Brown from newcastle, he be mad to leave getting his game pretty much nailing that RB slot as his own.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Utd turn down bid for Brown from newcastle, he be mad to leave getting his game pretty much nailing that RB slot as his own.

kdjac

Will he get it permenantly though. I'd say Fergie will be looking for a top class right full in the summer, assuming Neville will be more or less finished over the next year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Brown will never nail down a place if everyone's fit and know's that by now. Maybe he's finally had enough and wants to be automatic first choice elsewhere. As as soon as neville is fit or they sign somebody else, he'll be on the bench. He's mistake prone and nearly let Liverpool score when he headed it straight to Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Boca Juniors have agreed to sell Argentina under-20 midfielder Ever Banega to Valencia for $26 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Brown will never nail down a place if everyone's fit and know's that by now. Maybe he's finally had enough and wants to be automatic first choice elsewhere. As as soon as neville is fit or they sign somebody else, he'll be on the bench. He's mistake prone and nearly let Liverpool score when he headed it straight to Torres.
    Any chance of him going to Liverpool? In the summer maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Am disappointed with Fergie saying no signings in the window , i am in the thinking that if an out and out forward isn't signed we might find it tough to keep pace with the gooners.Brown to the Pool , i loled. Dontyaknow Liverpopol have 8 world class players already , why would they need another squad player ?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any chance of him going to Liverpool? In the summer maybe?

......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Danny Mills has joined Derby on loan, i didnt know he was still a city player.

Sunderland are chasing George Boateng, and on Johnny Evans he can also play at Right back, so maybe thats where Keano will play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fergie didn't real set out an iron clad thing, he just said nothing was moving currently, and that he didn't expect anyone to come in.

PHB wrote: »
    Fergie didn't real set out an iron clad thing, he just said nothing was moving currently, and that he didn't expect anyone to come in.

Maybe someone will arrive in without Ferguson knowing anything about it so? :confused:

• Advertisement

What I'm saying is that, this isn't Fergie saying,

'There will be no signings in January'

He said nothing was happening currently and he didn't expect anyone to come in.

so if he doesnt expect anyone to come in.....why would you or other Utd fans expect someone to come in? Would he not know if they were expecting someone to come in?

What I'm saying is that he's clearly left himself some wiggle room. He's done what he needs to do, which is end speculation around United. Now he can do what he wants.
    Ending the speculation around United is pretty important since Chelsea seem to have returned to their pre-Mourinho transfer policy of targetting anyone who United show an interest in.

like who?

Anelka, Berbatov, Veleso

when did UTd declare their interest in Anelka?
    When did Chelsea declare their interest in Berbatov or Veleso?

Dont be getting paranoid ;)

When did United declare their interest in Essien, Robben, Obi Mikel?

Is this a trick question? :)

did they publically declare any interest in them at any point?I thought Obi Mikel signed for Utd?

All i am saying is, dont be so paranoid. Chelsea seem to have zero interest in Berba as well considering they Chelsea are already in talks with Bolton over anelka *supposedly.

Plus if Ferguson wanted Anelka, i'm sure he might have brought him in over the last couple of years.

And didnt Quierez say that they didnt want to sign Velosa? or is that someone else i'm thinking of?

Grant said he was interested in Berbatov.

Fergie's interest for Anelka has only begun since it became utterly apparent that Saha is broken. It was strongly rumoured and even reported by some people, that Fergie met with Anelka, but that Fergie wasn't willing to go above 8 million.
    Quierez did say he didn't want o sign Veleso.

Chelsea have pursued this policy before, and it is beginning to look like they are doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

lehmann in goal on sunday but the window is there for him to move...

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=485995&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+I+respect+the+way+Lehmann+has+acted

"The Arsenal manager admits “the door is open” for the German keeper if he wants to leave Emirates Stadium during January. However suggestions that, on Friday morning, Borussia Dortmund would be announcing his decision to re-join them proved to be false"

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Grant said he was interested in Berbatov.

saw that interview the other day, and he didnt really say that, they asked him about Anelka and Berbatov, he laughed and said "sure,they are good players!" kinda thing.

So Chelsea are trying to buy Velosa from under the nose of Utd, even though Utd said they dont wanna buy him?

Sure Utd always try and buy Liverpools targets, Vidic/Evra/Finnan/Kewell/Ronaldo plus way more. And wasnt forlan doing a medical at middlesborough having agreed terms before he "mysteriously" signed for Utd

so ye're as bad as eachother! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Man Utd have 1st option on Veloso because Sporting are a feeder club.

not according to the director of football at sporting who went mental when Utd were linked with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ever consider that good players interest good clubs? :rolleyes:

Thats pretty much the point i was getting at cson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mr Alan wrote: »
    not according to the director of football at sporting who went mental when Utd were linked with him.

Well he doesn't have to sell, but if they accepted an offer for him, Man Utd would be entitled to talk to him if they matched the offer.

Arsenal were sniffing around Ronaldo a few years ago which made United bring forward plans in signing him iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

The reason United signed Ronaldo when they did, was because he tore them to shreds in a friendly when he was with sporting (it was on eurosport). He was brilliant against them and all the players told Ferguson to sign him immediately, which he did. They had him signed within a few days. Any scout who saw him in that game even though it was a friendly, would have told their manager straight away to sign him. 99.9% of people over in this part of the world would not have heard of him before that match and I doubt the english papers even heard of him before that either.

Quieroz left that summer for Real so I dont think he about when Ronaldo signed. And the link up with sporting was probably started when that deal was signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Danny Mills has joined Derby on loan, i didnt know he was still a city player.

Yup, Kevin Keegan thought it would be a wonderful idea to sign him up on a 5 year deal in the summer of 2004. On £35k a week :eek:.

Looks like the mercurial Lauren Robert will be joining him at the Baseball Ground. He trained with Derby this morning and his contract at Levante was anulled. Should be fun to watch!

Mr.Alan surley you know Fergie always says nothing is happening because he hates going public with intrest or transfer talks.

I honestly dont know if anyone is coming in, but Fergie has his bases covered if they do or dont.

• Advertisement

The reason United signed Ronaldo when they did, was because he tore them to shreds in a friendly when he was with sporting (it was on eurosport). He was brilliant against them and all the players told Ferguson to sign him immediately, which he did. They had him signed within a few days. Any scout who saw him in that game even though it was a friendly, would have told their manager straight away to sign him. 99.9% of people over in this part of the world would not have heard of him before that match and I doubt the english papers even heard of him before that either.

Quieroz left that summer for Real so I dont think he about when Ronaldo signed. And the link up with sporting was probably started when that deal was signed.
    Ronaldo said in his book that the deal was done the night before. He went out onto that pitch knowing he was a United player and wanted to show the others what he could do. Gary Neville told Fergie to sign him and he said the deal is done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Reports in Italy that both A.C. and Inter have sent representitives to White Heart Lane but neither are willing to pay more than STG£18million.

Berbatov Pato

Kaka

Like the look of that tbh...

Pato is only joining them now right? What a prospect he is.

Same with Nery Castillo at City i was shocked by his talent in the Copa America, lets see how he does.

Pato has been there since august but because he turned 18 after the 31st of august his contract couldn't be registered with the league, UEFA or FIFA because he is south america (it was a really weird situation), he has been trainging with the team and played in a good few closed door friendlys.

The squad have expressed amazement at his talent, really looking forward to seeing him in action.

Berba wont be going anywhere for 18million i wouldnt imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Reports indicate that Barca and Real Madrid are about to enter a tug of war for the services of Readings wing wizard Steven Hunt. It is thought that Madrid would be willing to trash the worlds transfer record, previously held by Zinedine Zidane to land the tricky Irish man.

• Advertisement

Shane long to Bayern Munich in a swap deal involding Luca Toni and Bastian Schwienstiger!

For absolute randomness that was class.

estebancambias: you're posts kinda scare me on these boards...can never tell if you're serious or not...

except with this one about Hunt obviously

Yeah, humour was never my strong point. I think its because how I write down the stuff. I know there are errors, but the way I write is sort of, how do you say robotic, if ya get me?

yea, robotic about sums it up alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement