Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Movers and Shakers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Now you've really p*ssed me off. Sing when you're winning? I've been City through and through for 18 f*cking years. I've been to see them play in the Premiership, Division 1 and Division 2 so don't you dare question my f*cking loyalties.

As for eL, I've supported Shels for as long as I've supported City and was a regular at Tolka when I lived in Ireland. My current living arrangements make it very difficult to commute to away games.

Get down off your f*cking pedistal because you haven't clue what you're talking about as usual.

Lol

So which part of my loving Diego is wrong, and which part of opinion that Elano andDiego cannot play CM in the PLis wrong?

Sorry about the man city jibe you just seem to be posting a lot more about them recently hence the offer of the album.

Jebus guess even man city fans cant take banter ;)

btw i can email it via mp3 if you want :D

esteban no striker....its what City are yearning for Sven loves attacking midfielders and attacking players but he has no out an out striker and i bet hes looking for one (wagner love)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

KdjaCL wrote:
    2 attacking midfielders in the premier league lol your having a laugh Elano played as an SS with 2 DMF Hamman and local lad, playing Diego and Elano as suggested is PL suicide. Seriously know the players before you post otherwise you look clueless to other football.
    S. Ireland has been playing in an AM position just to the righthand side of Elano. Diego could easily take his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Lol

So which part of my loving Diego is wrong, and which part of opinion that Elano andDiego cannot play CM in the PLis wrong?

And when did I say that they could? I reacted to your insinuation that City couldn't possibly play Champions League football next season. A needless comment to make when it is a clear possibility
    Sorry about the man city jibe you just seem to be posting a lot more about them recently hence the offer of the album.

Jebus guess even man city fans cant take banter ;)

I've been bigging up City for years whether in the top flight or third tier and am as passionate as anyone you'll meet. I can give it out and take it alright once the comments aren't naive and downright pointless.
    btw i can email it via mp3 if you want :D

I already have Robbie's Greatest Hits. No need for anything else.

SofaKing wrote: »
    S. Ireland has been playing in an AM position just to the righthand side of Elano. Diego could easily take his place.

But he covers the full back, no way in hell deigo would even attempt to go into his own half. ireland isnt a AMF as he covers the full back very well.

Diego is a central AMF i would love to see him in PL but he needs a Striker ahead of him. Man City dont have one.

The guy is an underrated legend, not as good as Maresca tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

But KdjaCL it worked in Football Manager, however that was before the patch came out.

Wait you like Enzo Maresca...Kudos.

And when did I say that they could? I reacted to your insinuation that City couldn't possibly play Champions League football next season. A needless comment to make when it is a clear possibility

I said liked seeing him the CL which i do, going to a club thats not going to be in makes my viewing suffer, did you not get that?
    I've been bigging up City for years whether in the top flight or third tier and am as passionate as anyone you'll meet. I can give it out and take it alright once the comments aren't naive and downright pointless.

That i like watching a player in the Cl and if he goes to man city he wont be there anymore? imnot getting your point here.

I already have Robbie's Greatest Hits. No need for anything else.

theres better songs on the album so i am told.

kdjac

He's been a right winger mostly. Only filled in in the middle once or twice when Johnson or Elano's been missing. It's been like this in the last few games -

Hart
    ----Onuoha
    Dunne
    Richards
    Balll---
    Hamann
    ----Ireland
    Corluka
    Petrov---
    Elano/Castillo

Vassell

Corluka's done very well since moving to midfield and likewise Neds at the back. Sven doesn't play with AMCs. He likes a holder (Hamann/Fernandes), a runner (Johnson/Corluka) and a creator (Elano/Castillo) plus wingers. It won't change no matter who signs.

But KdjaCL it worked in Football Manager, however that was before the patch came out.

Wait you like Enzo Maresca...Kudos.

lol newbie

Maresca is the best player in the world!!!

you obviously missed my droolings over him for the past forever.

kdjac

I said liked seeing him the CL which i do, going to a club thats not going to be in makes my viewing suffer, did you not get that?
    That i like watching a player in the Cl and if he goes to man city he wont be there anymore? imnot getting your point here.

You seem certain that it is impossible that we will be in the Champions League when league position shows otherwise. That's why I'm p*ssed. It is definitely a possibility.
    theres better songs on the album so i am told.

I'm sure I'll survive without

You seem certain that it is impossible that we will be in the Champions League when league position shows otherwise. That's why I'm p*ssed. It is definitely a possibility.

I'm sure I'll survive without

You havent seen Diego play have you?

kdjac

• Advertisement

You havent seen Diego play have you?

kdjac

Of course I have. He's a top quality player and any club would be lucky to have the guy. I don't think he could play with Elano and at this moment in time Elano's doing more than ok by my book. As is Sven with his tactics. We need a striker and that's about it til June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Manuel Fernandes returns to Everton from Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

is that a loan deal or a permanent move? Doubt he'll get a good reception from the Everton faithful in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

is that a loan deal or a permanent move? Doubt he'll get a good reception from the Everton faithful in any case!

Its a loan deal with option to buy in the summer. how much is unknown, but I doubt's much less than the 12 mil I think Valencia paid for him. hoepfully less than the 60 mil buy out clause though :D

Moyes is Scottish, and hence knows how to hold a grudge better than most. What most Evertonian's say, and I agree with them, is that if Moyes is willing to take Manny back, then it can't have been all Manny's fault during the summer.

I think the 3rd party ownership issue is to blame, and I don't blame Everton for being careful about putting a foot outside the regulations. Valencia had no such qualms and I think Manny was just nervous Everton wouldn't be able to close the deal. Also, it was a chance to play for a top club, so I don't hold it against him for jumping ship at the last minute.

He'll get a rousing welcome back to Goodison, because at the end of the day, he's a class act who'll bring the club forward, and gives an excellent chance to nick that 4th spot.

..............................Howard

Neville...............Yobo..........Lescott/Jagielka..........Baines/Lescott

..............................Carsley
    .......Arteta.............Fernandes..............Pienaar/Osman
    ...............................Cahill

...........................Yakubu/AJ

subs:
    Wessels
    Jagielka/Baines
    Pienaar/Ossie
    AJ/Yakubu
    Hibbert/Stubbs/Anichebe/Vaughan/McFadden/Valente

That'd be my team once the dratted ANC is over. Its the best team we've had since we last won the league, and I think it has a great chance of playing in the CL next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Looks like Roy has finally copped on and realized its quality and not quantity he needs in order to stay up:

From sportinglife.com:
    Sunderland have struck a loan deal to land Chelsea's Steve Sidwell on a six-month loan deal.
    Sunderland will finally snap up Stephen Hunt after tabling an improved £5million bid.

A midfield of Edwards, Sidwell, Richardson, and Hunt would be quite tasty compared to the other relegation strugglers.

One or two experienced defenders will help also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Now he is getting in Prem. players and not Championship players which I think makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

5 million for Hunt is way too much imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Yes, possibly a tad overpriced, but if he helps keep Sunderland up this season I'm sure their fans will think its money well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hunt and Richardson on different wings would be a fairly midtable standard. They'd do well together I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

hunt would be a good signing for them, as would sidwell, but im not sure chelsea would really allow sidwell to leave just yet with the african nations coming, i would think the figure for hunt would be something more like 3.7-4.5 million but its not relevant......jonny evans and mcshane could form a good central defensive partnership but id like to see him try sign someone with experience and a bit of leadership, besides dean whitehead i cant really see any leaders in that team, should get rid of some of the drift wood too

speaking of sunderland ive just read rumours of them tabling a 4.5million pound bid for matt taylor,a 2million pound move for phil bardsley and a £9 million joint bid for lita and hunt from reading!!!!

some seem pretty unlikely there but hey! its football anything can happen!

papers reckon this move is a done deal, he can play centre half or left back, besides that i know sweet **** all about him! hope he turns out well though, only 19 years old though so not the experienced head i would have been looking for!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3047889,00.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Diego would be an incredible coup for City if they were to sign him. Himself, Elano and Petrov floating in behind a centre-forward would be a seriously impressive line-up.

Diego would be an incredible coup for City if they were to sign him. Himself, Elano and Petrov floating in behind a centre-forward would be a seriously impressive line-up.

As much as I would love it I can't see it happening, unless you have a link that says otherwise?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chelsea have agreed terms with Lokomotiv Moscow to sign defender Branislav Ivanovic and are set to complete a deal worth almost £9m.

• Advertisement

Diarra is gone to Portsmouth for 5 million. To be expected really, I'd say he'll do well here, then get a place in the French squad for Euros 2008, impress some foreign top teams, and then move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

According to the Mirror Richard Dunnes contact talks have broken down. A number of clubs are said to be monitoring the situation, most notably Villa and Everton.

Be a school boy error if they werent to hang onto him

Mr Alan wrote: »
    According to the Mirror Richard Dunnes contact talks have broken down. A number of clubs are said to be monitoring the situation, most notably Villa and Everton.

Be a school boy error if they werent to hang onto him

No story here.

yeah its just like the Laursen story at Villa, neither player will leave their respected teams but they will get more money each week.

And here's the real story

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7BDBD12D53%2D8346%2D431D%2DA04F%2D5D0F8664DE80%7D&newsid=524158&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=11&fromyear=2007&tomonth=1&toyear=2008
    Blues rubbish Dunne contract story

City have poured scorn on a newspaper report that contract talks with skipper Richard Dunne have stalled.

Blues Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh today confirmed that negotiations with the Irish international’s advisors are continuing.

Mr Mackintosh said, “A meeting took place yesterday between myself and Richard’s representatives. Richard has made it clear that he is very happy at Manchester City, and we are very happy with him. The talks we are having are very constructive.

“Both Richard and the club will not be unsettled by an inaccurate newspaper story. He is committed to the club and we are committed to him.”

Only recently Richard himself told of how happy he is with life since the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson by saying,

“City feels like home to me, I feel happy going into work every day because it’s a nice place to be and I feel really comfortable.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Diarra on his way to Pompey?? Great signing if he does imo:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3052445,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No story here.

Don't shoot the messenger :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Branislav Ivanovic signs for Chelsea.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3053016,00.html

He was linked with Man United a few months ago and comes very highly rated. Played a lot of his football at right back for Lokomotiv. He's supposedly good friends with Vidic aswell. Could turn out to be a decent signing for Chelsea.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote: »
    Diarra is gone to Portsmouth for 5 million. To be expected really, I'd say he'll do well here, then get a place in the French squad for Euros 2008, impress some foreign top teams, and then move on.
    haha, yeah, then he'll decide he doesn't like having to compete for a place at a foreign top team and move on again. He's the new Anelka.

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinze Rummenigge says Manchester City are wasting their time showing interest in striker Lukas Podolski.

& Defoe to Villa perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mathew Taylor to Bolton

Mike.

great bit of business for Bolton

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/angloangle.html
    Rolando’s settled at City
    Rolando Bianchi has rejected reports in the Italian Press linking him with a return to Italy. The former Reggina hitman feels the Premier League is the best in the world and he wants to win things with Manchester City. “This is the best competition in the world and this is where I want to play my football,” he insisted. “I don’t know where these stories have come from because I want to win things for Manchester City and it would be fantastic if we could qualify for next season’s Champions League. I have been learning English since I arrived here and see myself staying here for a long time.”

So maybe he's not on the way out after all. Good news really seeing as our only fit strikers now are Vassell, Dickov and Samaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dickov
    :eek:

Jaysis, I didn't realise he was still around.

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

Jaysis, I didn't realise he was still around.

Yeah still tippin away. Was out on loan for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

What about Sturridge? Big things expected of him, Xavi6? Maybe Sven will give him a run.

What about Sturridge? Big things expected of him, Xavi6? Maybe Sven will give him a run.

He's been injured for quite a while now so that has put him at the back of people's minds. Heaps of potential though definitely. Same as Ishamel Miller who's bangin them in for West Brom and Kelvin Etuhu who has been quality in the games he's played. It just seems to be a never ending conveyor belt at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What about Sturridge?

Dean Sturridge?

Or is he still playing for Harchester?

GO DRAGONS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Well done Moyes you legend!

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premier-league/article3347917.ece
    City hoping to catch Gutierrez 'the Greyhound'
    By Jason Burt
    Published: 18 January 2008

Manchester City should find out within the next 48 hours whether their £7m bid to sign the Argentina international winger Jonas Gutierrez has succeeded.

The Independent revealed City's interest in the 25-year-old on 1 January, although competition for his signature has come from Portsmouth. The South Coast club yesterday completed the £5m signing of Lassana Diarra from Arsenal and sold Matthew Taylor to Bolton Wanderers for more than £3.5m – with around £500,000 due to his former club, cash-strapped Luton Town, through a sell-on clause.

Gutierrez is known as El Galgo – "the Greyhound" – and is a colourful character who celebrates scoring for his present club, Real Mallorca, by donning a Spider-Man mask and throwing imaginary nets into the crowd. A complication for any move has been that 50 per cent of his transfer value would go to his former club, Newell's Old Boys, which is why Mallorca are holding out for a high fee.

City's manager, Sven Goran Eriksson, has intimated that the club are close to making two signings, although they are unlikely to include the 22-year-old striker Lukas Podolski. Bayern Munich have rebuffed City's approach. Once City do secure a new striker, and Gutierrez can play through the centre as well as on either wing, they look likely to allow Rolando Bianchi, their £8.8m signing, to return to Italy on loan while they still hope to sell Georgios Samaras.

Can't say I know much about the guy but he's a right winger which is something we need. Anyone got any info/opinions?

Can't say I know much about the guy but he's a right winger which is something we need. Anyone got any info/opinions?

Right sided wingback type who has to defend a lot with mallorca but is fairly tall for a winger and has blistering pace,decent head too, doesnt score much but more so cos Mallorca are not very good but damn fast at getting the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

He plays as an outside right fullback/attacking wingers/striker type thing just behind Ibagaza.....all in the one game :confused:

Good player would do very well in the PL. Played very well vs Madrid on wed night when they won 1-0 away to go tru to next round of cup.

he on tv next thursday on Sky in the Cup.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I thought he was known as Spiderman, not the greyhound?

DesF wrote: »
    Dean Sturridge?

Or is he still playing for Harchester?

GO DRAGONS!

haha

• Advertisement

And now Georgi's gone......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7196499.stm

Samaras set for Birmingham switch

By Simon Austin

Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras is poised to seal a move to Birmingham, BBC Sport understands.

The two clubs have agreed a fee for the Greek forward and he is now hammering out personal terms with Birmingham.

The Greece international joined Manchester City for £6m from Dutch side Heerenven in January 2006.

Samaras scored six goals for City last season, but has barely featured following the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager last summer.

There HAS to be a striker on the way in now.

Feel sorry for the lad. He had bags of talent but we (namely Pearce) ruined him by sticking him as a left winger and killing all his confidence. Good luck to him. Bet he haunts us next time we play Brum.

Advertisement