Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher

• 31-12-2007 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Can anyone recommend a good integrated dishwasher? i'm getting confused by all the sales talk. was going with a hotpoint but the de detrich one was recommended as "quieter" if you use the room a lot? but its nearly 200euro dearer? worth it? or is it a bargain at 585?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have a hotpoint and would recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Just don't get a zanussi - nothing wrong with them except the bloody top tray is a pain in the arse for holding glasses - they're forever falling over in the wash so you end up with a glassful of soapy water in them when it's finished!

Rant over! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

conor_mc wrote: »
    Just don't get a zanussi - nothing wrong with them except

Ive got a zanussi, all good - but all the wheels have fallen off the baskets. Apparently a common problem with many dishwashers - anyone know where to buy a new complete set of washer clips for the baskets making it unusable now-

Seems a shame to have to buy a new dishwasher for the sake of a few plastic clips...

For original poster there are several dishwashers in power city from about 250 euros - some washers are tripple a (AAA) power rated - id go for one of them.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

@ozmo
    For dishwashwer spares try maybe Quinnspares, eXsparetise or even Donberg are dabbling at spares for white goods now.

Personally, I'd choose Electrolux, Siemens or Bosch with regards a new int. dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

Would you buy a industrial dishwasher, i hear they last a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭sue97

We got a neff one in Blaize in Swords, not on view, we asked them to ring their offer.

They have great prices

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows a name or number for NEFF dishwasher repairs in Dublin. I can't seem to find one. My flatmate broke the top rotating arm by accident and needs to be fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks for these - they did indeed have the parts, but 120 euros seems to be the going rate for a new set of wheels for the baskets :eek:
    ordered a new washer.
    byte wrote: »
    @ozmo
    For dishwashwer spares try maybe Quinnspares, eXsparetise or even Donberg are dabbling at spares for white goods now.

Personally, I'd choose Electrolux, Siemens or Bosch with regards a new int. dishwasher.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

byte wrote: »
    @ozmo

Do any of these supply to the public?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barryjohnbyrne

My Advice to anyone who reads this is to never leave a dishwasher on when your not in house/asleep or even out of the room.

I bought a top of the range Zanussi (Which is Electrolux) and after 1 year and 1 month I tured it on as per and left the room as I would and anybody else would....anyhow after a quarter or an hour it caught fire due to an internal electrical fault...smoke alarm sounded, retured to a black smoke filled room and flames nearly reach the kitchen ceiling. Hit trip switch on electricity, threw a damp cloth over flames and Called Fire brigade.Kitchen's destroyed (House only 3 years old).

Moral of the story is no matter how what the deal, how pretty, the functions or any other reason...dont Buy Zanussi/Elecrolux products.

Don't ever leave a dishwasher unattended....or any other similar appliance!

I cant stress the above 2 points enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

DID in Bray (Im sure other DID branches have it too) have integ Dishwasher think either Smeg or Neff which are top end makes for 399

Advertisement