Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy Wheels - spacers...

Options
  • 31-12-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know where I could pick up a set of spacers for 17" alloys to put on my 206? I bought a second hand set from a mate but he didnt need a spacer on them. Need to bring them about 10-20mm out from the hub.

Found a set on eBay bought just wondering had anyone ever bought or seen them in a shop? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Was gonna post a similar thread myself. Im looking for a set of 17" Audi RS4 alloys (The new model ones) for my Seat Leon. Where would the best deal be found? I need new tyres on it anyway so a package would be nice!Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Are you guys talking about hub adapters or spacers? why do you need spacers? is it just to fill the arches and have it looking good?

There are 2 kinds of spacer available hub-centric and non hub centric,don't go near non hub-centric spacers.

hub centic:
    type1spacer.jpg

As you can see the have a lip on them that your alloy wheel sits onto and on the inside the have a recess that sits onto the lip on your hub-very safe.

Non hub centric:
    6mm-wheel-spacer.jpg

As you can see its just a piece of metal that sits between the hub and wheel,no lip to centre it or hold it in place and can cause vibration at speed and work wheel nuts lose - very unsafe.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Cheers for the info, very informative. I've picked myself up a set of hub-centric of eBay. :)

Advertisement