Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy soup recepies?

• 31-12-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all

Am looking for some easy soup recepies that I could make in advance and freeze for lunches etc? Something more exciting than the usual vegetable stuff would be great!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

have a look at
    http://www.deliaonline.com/

search for soup, you will get loads (some specifically for lunch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My favourite is carrot and parsnip. I don't know if that falls under the 'unexciting' category though. Basically take a couple of medium potatoes and an onion, dice and sweat for 5 minutes. Throw in 3 or 4 carrots and a couple of small parsnips, diced. Season. Sweat for 5 minutes. Couple of pints of chicken stock, simmer until the veg is soft. Blend.

You can change the veg, the amounts, the stock, make up your own combinations. Just try a few things out yourself, whatever you like. You don't really have to use a set recipe for most soups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What janeybabe said ... make them up as you go along. Generally speaking most soups involve sweating the vegetables and maybe onions, adding stock, cooking until soft, blend. Sometimes add some cream at the end. That's it really.

My favourites are celery soup and spicy parsnip soup (add some coriander, cumin, turmeric and a pinch of chilli when sweating off the vegetables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

http://www.avoca.ie/store/product.php?pid=226&mid=8&sid=27

This is a good book for soups. I usually throw whatever veg I have at home.
    Or if I've cooked a chicken, I'll make soup out of the bones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Pea soup. One of my favourites (from the Avoca book).

Similar to janeybabe's recipe. Sweat onion and potato in a good knob of butter. Add stock, and simmer for 20 minutes (until spud is cooked)Add frozen peas, simmer for two minutes. Add some mint. Blend. Add some milk/cream, heat up and serve. Just as good the next day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement