Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to configure a router on Lastmile

Options
  • 31-12-2007 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi

Would anyone be able to tell me how to configure a router with lastmile.

I have no idea what to do.

I am using windows vista and a tp-link tl-wr542g router.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ON ROUTER
    In Wan settings, set to dynamic pppoe with your lastmile username & password.
    In Wireless settings, set your encryption (Wep, Wpa etc), passphrase or encryption key.
    In DHCP settings, enable DHCP.

IN VISTA
    In Vista, click control panel, network & sharing centre, manage network connections, double click wireless connection, properties, tcp /ipv4, properties & make sure both ip address & dns servers are set to automatically assign.

Good Luck
    Pog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭mijmu

Hi POG

Thanks very much for your help, this got me connected. Any ideas why the following would be happening.

I cant get onto any webpage eg google, but when I put in the IP address of google it finds the page and I can do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

mijmu wrote: »
    Hi POG

Thanks very much for your help, this got me connected. Any ideas why the following would be happening.

I cant get onto any webpage eg google, but when I put in the IP address of google it finds the page and I can do a search.

You need to insert your DNS server(s) addresses onto your router, they should have been supplied to you by your internet provider.

DNS or Domain Name System maps IP addresses to Dns names such as www.google.ie and your router obviously cant find its DNS server...

Thanks for your help on this. I will get the DNS servers from lastmile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lastmile give you nothing, just bad customer support & a bad service.
    Here's their dns:
    89.184.32.10 & 89.184.32.11

Check out this thread also. Then you can forget about lastmiles dns.

• Advertisement

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Once I used OpenDNS it worked.

Advertisement