Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania Problem

Options
  • 31-12-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Okay, here goes;

I bought a camera and a set of MP3 Speakers from Pixmania on the 19th of Dec with UPS 24/48hr delivery,

The item got dispatched on the 20th and attempted delivery was made on the 21st (people were in the house but delivery guy just left a note - my dogs bark when there is someone at the door, I dont know why we even have a doorbell) Note said delivery would be made again on the 24th.

Driver came back on the 22nd(sat) and someone in the house signed for the package.

When I came back to the house, I seen the delivery, immediately checked to see the contents.

Box was opened along the corner, you wouldn't notice unless you squeezed the box.

Only 1 item inside, the speakers.

Called UPS - Closed on Saturday.
    Emailed Pixmania - didn't get reply till Sunday which said 'Delivery was attempted on the 21st(duh) and no-one was home - you will get you package on Monday.

Sent back a stinker of a mail because I was in foul form - you didn't even read my mail, Christmas present not here blah blah blah.

Got a mail straight away saying they have to open an investigation with UPS -will take 7-10 working days.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Got a call from pixmania today at 14:30 - phone didn't ring, went straight to V-Mail - telling me that UPS will be calling to my house today to inspect the parcel. Do they not think people work?!? WTF? A bit of advanced warning wouldn't go a miss.

I'm going to call them back and tell them they'll have to call back tomorrow.

Can I use the 'I'm going to cancel my credit card payment' line?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The feckers, that's very annoying! Has the payment hit your credit card? Ring your credit card company and tell them the story and see if they recommend cancelling the transaction! I find the credit card people to be very helpful.

yeah payment is on the CC since late december.. I'll give them a call and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

jameshayes wrote: »
    yeah payment is on the CC since late december.. I'll give them a call and see what they say

cool, let us know how you got on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

If you did not receive one of the items then you can back charge that through your credit card. You may have a problem proving that you did not receive both items in the box - not sure how that works tbh.

Obviously you did not have control over the signature this time but always sign with "contents not checked" or check the contents before the driver goes. You can also have the package marked "addressee only" (i think that is the phrase they use) whereby the package can only be signed by the person the package is addressed to.

• Advertisement

Ok, 16th of May - 148 days, 000's of phone calls, 000's of emails - after my order I finally get notice that i am being issued a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Glad you got the issue resolved in the end.

One thing I would say is that pixmania boxes are very very flimsy. I work in UPS and the amoount of them that are squashed or opened at the sides as you descirbed your one is unbelievable. They need to pack there deliveries properly. The edges of the boxes are preforated for some strange reason which makes it easier for them to to fall apart under pressure, which maybe caused by stacking during transport. I know its no consilation to you now but they need to get there act together as I suspect you are not alone. Will save themselves alot of troble in the long run too as they will ahve less comlaints to deal with if they just used proper, secure packaging

Advertisement