Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret problem

Options
  • 31-12-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, got my labret done a few months ago and in the past week or two I have this ulcer/welt type thing forming around the back of the piercing inside the lip.

What is it and what can I do to get rid of it, it's bit of a nuisance?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

has it grown over the piercing? i cant really see from the picture.
    as a matter of interest do you play with the end of your labret jewelry with your tongue? i used to do that and it encourage tissue to grow over it.

youve 3 options :)
    - get a longer labret bar, should relieve some pressure on your lip
    - get half a tablet of panadol and rest it on the back of the piercing, thatl break down the tissue a bit. note: only to be used if its over growing tissue
    - go into your piercer on wednesday and get them to have a look at it

if you could give us a better quality pic we will know better, but kudos either way cos most people dont even bother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Thanks Wilburt, it's not growing over the jewellery just around it, kinda forming a pocket around the rim of it. Can't really get a better pic at the mo.

I've put in a monroe bar I found as it's tiny and taken the ball off of to relieve it a little. I suppose the best bet is to show the piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yup probably, internet does have its drawbacks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Longer bar seems the way to go in most of these cases

Advertisement