Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Screen being displayed on Xbox

• 31-12-2007 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I finally got a chance to play COD4 all going well for about a minute or two. Then screen suddenly went green I thought wtf gas attack or something. It didn't go away even after a reset. Is this the end of my xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

about a week or two after i got my xbox one day my screen had a strange purple hue but it went a away the next day,im not sure what it was but I dont think its anything serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Hope not I left it unplug for a bit and its seems to be working again.
    Cheers

Well that didn't last long Its back to a green screen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Bummer Ding Dong. Is it just a plain green screen or is it a green tint on things?

Bit of a Google search and the results don't make for good reading.

Bummer Ding Dong. Is it just a plain green screen or is it a green tint on things?

Bit of a Google search and the results don't make for good reading.

Its kinda like permanant night vision look to everything and the picture looks hazey. Had a bit of a google myself and I'm starting to get worried. Worst of all it's out of warrenty by a month. It's intermit not displaying anything either now. I've only got it last Chistmas and rarely used it. I'm hoping for three red light to pop up now :)

• Advertisement

I think I'd be on to M$ pretty sharpish to see if the fault would be looked at under warranty. Even though I've never heard of this fault till now,you certainly ain't the first by what Google came back with.

All support said was its out of warrenty and it will be 60 pound to have it fixed :(. Might give them another ring see if they can do anything.
    I'm off to drown my sorrows and get drunk :)
    Happy new year

After doing a bit more of a search It looks like it sometimes an early sign of 3 red lights. After I get it fix I'm thinking of trading it in for a elite. Are they more reliable and silent. Also where is a good place to trade it in.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Just tell them it has 3 red lights and they will do it for free.

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Just tell them it has 3 red lights and they will do it for free.

I already did JM hadn't the patience to wait for the red light to show up :)

• Advertisement

Would you chance a cheeky trade in, in it's current state or is it now stuck with a green screen 100% of the time?

I was thinking about it but wouldn't feel right . The towel trick seems to have sorted but for how long. I rang xbox and said it had the rings of death they were ment to email me the tags to send it away but no sign of them yet. If they fix it I might hang on till the new ultimate xbox come about.

Advertisement