Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafones 99c 50mb data Offer

• 31-12-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just ordered a new sim free windows mobile and looking for the best data plan option.

Vodafone have 99c a day with 50mb allowance. This sounds like the business for me since im not bill pay. Anybody use this?

Phone has no 3g, just Edge but also has wifi. so only need vodafone for email, messaging and browsing forums.

Does that plan work for anybody here? i know vodafone can be pricks at times when it comes to over charging. does 50mb even last much use?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

99c a day is pretty much €30 a month. So €30 a month for 1.5GB of data. Just to put things in perspective. Do have a look at O2 offerings (and indeed other Vodafone offerings such as maybe their broadband SIM) too.

Some pages on boards can be as much as 0.5MB. .. so that would give you 100 Boards pages using my crude math.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mikel Jr.

are all webpages usually that large?

forgot to mention its 99c per day you use it. dont use it one day dont have to pay which suits me as ill have access to wifi a fair bit so wont need that.

My problem is i dont know what 50mb is. my current phone is still wap so im a bit outdated. How many kb does a instant message use up and the average web page with images turned off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Make sure your new device can use this portal I have a Vodafone V1605 (HTC TYTN WM6) and I cant acess it and a lot of people with the newer HTC TYTN 2 cant acess it either. I am going to switch to O2 next week 10gigs for 30euro and its all on 1 sim. Was with Vodafone for 10 years asked could the do something about it but no joy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Mikel Jr. wrote: »
    are all webpages usually that large?

forgot to mention its 99c per day you use it. dont use it one day dont have to pay which suits me as ill have access to wifi a fair bit so wont need that.

My problem is i dont know what 50mb is. my current phone is still wap so im a bit outdated. How many kb does a instant message use up and the average web page with images turned off?

Just to point it out to you, on the 99c a day Live! service you cannot use SMTP, POP, or other ports than 80 and and secure port 80. Most instant messengers, email clients, etc won't work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

random wrote: »
    Some pages on boards can be as much as 0.5MB. .. so that would give you 100 Boards pages using my crude math.
    Use OperaMini and the pages will then use up a lot less of your data allowance, I think 50k is about as much as I've seen for any page on boards.ie to load.

• Advertisement
Advertisement