Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lesson in bundoran

Options
  • 31-12-2007 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

am looking to get a beginners lesson sometime in the spring.which crowd in bundoran wud people recommend?

also,as a beginner wud it be better to get a private lesson or wud a group lesson be sufficient?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

a friend of mine got a lesson in sligo but i cant remember the name of the place that he got it.

i think theres at least 2 places in bundoran to get lessons so im sure someone cud recommend one of them to u.

great part of the world to start surfing! might start there myself too!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Bundoran Surf Company are good. Group lessons are fine. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Just came back from Bundoran tonight (savage fun!) and have to second the Bundoran Surf Co.

€35 per lesson, which lasted about 2 to 3 hours and then you can rent a board and wetsuit for €20.

Really nice crowd and they have some decent stuff in the store too, not a wide selection of boards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

thanks a lot for the help.

id be doin a once off lesson so wud a group one still be sufficient do u guys reckon?

im a begiiner if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

They do the lessons at certain times and always bring a group of ppl along.

Theres not much to it really, ive been on lessons with 2 different crowds and it seems to be: spend a few mins explaining basics, parts of board and popping up. Then out into the water and start trying to catch a few waves. The instructor will give u a push-start as well every so often.

Its not like a snowboarding lesson, if you perhaps have done that. You will pretty much spend the entire lesson learning to pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SurferchickDL

Turf n Surf in Bundoran is the best. Two guys, Cillian and Po run the place and it's basically a surf B & B looking right out on to the peak. They provide all the gear and lessons for all levels. A gang of us go down a few times a year and it's a great spot and the lads are sound as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

thanks everyone for the replies.

havent decided which one to go for but i wont be up there for a few months so dont have to decide for another while

Advertisement