Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin ADSL Wireless Modem G Router problems

Options
  • 31-12-2007 8:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys
    Im tryin to install a Belkin ADSL wireless Modem G Router for my cousin using ethernet connection, he has Imagine broadband and when I go to the setup page and enter all his details nothing happens, the modem refuses to connect to anything.

The internet works fine when we plug back in his Imagine supplied modem which is a Zyxel.

We entered the ppoe settings etc etc but nothing is happening.

Anyone had trouble getting these modems to work and got any suggestions on how to get this modem working?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

First make sure it's a Modem/Router and not just a router !! Can I ask, when you have entered in the settings Like Username: 01xxxxxx@imagine.ie, Password:xxxx, VPI/VCI 8/35, Mulitplexing: LLC, Does it save the settings when you go to the router hompage. Check that you have a solid DSL light on the router. IF you do check what colour the Internet light is. If it's flashing red or off, then something is asmis with the settings. Press the reset button on the back/bottom of the Belkin for 10 secs (or until all the lights flash on the router) then enter the settings in again and see how you get on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cheers for that! I had VLC instead of LLC and it now works, thanks alot for the help:)

Advertisement