Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rayhoon - bad service/over charge

• 31-12-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey guys i was recently in rayhoon on talbot street as i regularly am and would always be very happy with the food and service, however i was in again yesterday and when i recieved the bill i looked at the amount and just put my card on the reciept. just as the waitress picked it up my girlfriend noticed an over charge. So when she returned for my signature I pointed it out to her and she huffed and walked away with it only to return with the amount i was overchared in change and said "in future if you notice a mistake tell me before you pay because that is now out of my pocket" no sorry/thank you nothing. it was the rudest waitress i've ever experienced.

Has anyone else ever had this sort of thing happen ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I would have asked for the manager.

This is what happens when people hire numpties and then don't employ any training techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭johnson1

ye i should have asked , but i went in again yesterday and the same waitress was as nice as pie and it seemed she wanted to make up for it (as i said i'm in there quite often so i'd imagine she recognised me) so alls well in the end. I'll be checking my bills from now on though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Maybe she was having a bad day and, after having a bit of time to think about how she reacted, realised that she had behaved unacceptably. Personally, I'd have written a strongly worded letter of complaint to the manager but if the waitress is squirming now then maybe it's best to just let it be.

Advertisement