Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys

Options
  • 31-12-2007 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi guys
    Please can some one help me out here.
    The story is Bought a samsug in feb it broke got credit for new tv in shop.
    I then got a LG and after 5 days it broke, got a samsung on the 27th of this month and brought it back saying that my xbox would not play on it, told the manager and that it is within my 28 days money back, he said that he would have to get some one to check it out.

Under the 28 day rule should I have just got my money or new set.
    What are my rights?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Your legal rights are repair , replacement or refund at the shops choice....

of course any store policy may offer more than the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

28 day rule would normally apply bu you've been through 3 tv sets. right now to the currys manager he has 3 useless tv sets out the back that he can't sell because they broke after a few days.

bad situation for you, but unluckily, as someone who has worked in retail, you will look like a shill to the staff, so instead of constantly being stuck with tv's that appear to manage to break in your possession, it's cheaper, easier and less likely to cause uproar with "higher ups" to just have an engineer check it out.

i'm sure you feel hard done by, but working in retail you have to see their perspective on this. and in fairness, very few LG or samsung tv's are returned so quick, so you've basically raised a red flag, whether or not it's your own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 D.....

see were your coming from about the 3 sets, the first one was damaged while in the shop and sent to samsung for another issue that came back fixed S/w issue but they did not fix the damage that was caused in store.
    the lg just kept turning it self on and off after the few days i had it.
    this one just wont work with any of my other equipment, told the manager that i tested it with other telly's and works fine.

Is what your saying that the 28 days money back if not satisfied with product is null and void

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

D..... wrote: »
    Is what your saying that the 28 days money back if not satisfied with product is null and void

i'm sure the 28 day thing has some strings attached, so it's the managers' discretion that dictates a full refund. legally, as said already, stores are entitled to choose to refund or repair the set...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What do you mean it won't work with your 360? I find that extremely difficult to believe - it will work with any TV you could have bought in the last year.

Are you sure you know how to connect it up? Do you not need HDMI cables?

• Advertisement

When I hook up my 360 it doesnt pick it up, dont know if theres a broke connector in the tv.
    They want to send someone out to have a look a it but it will take over a week.
    What i need to know is can i deman a new tv of them or get my money back to buy somewere else??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How are you hooking up the xbox? Is that all that's wrong with the tv?

Tried both ways HDMI and AV.
    Its working fine on CRT tv and on other LCD's and plasma's.

Head is done in now with currys, just want my money or new tv:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

As far as I am aware if a good isn't fit for the purpose for which it's intended, you are entitled to your money back.
    Might be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Within 28 days you should get a replacement alright....but they will have to diagnose the fault first!

• Advertisement
Advertisement