Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didn't Get Any Dole Payment In The Week Just Gone

• 01-01-2008 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

The Week of December 24th to today {December 31st} saw me receive NO payment of any sort from the Social Welfare, I usually get €185 into my account every Wednesday night/Thursday morning but this week there was nothing. Is this normal for this time of year, anybody else "miss" a payment?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i think they pay double the week befoe to cover them being on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

skelliser wrote: »
    i think they pay double the week befoe to cover them being on holidays

I thought they gave us double cos it was Christmas, no??

BTW thanks for the fast reply and a Happy New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

to get double you have to be on the dole for more then one year and this was paid at the start of december ~7th i think

happy new year to u aswell!

skelliser wrote: »
    to get double you have to be on the dole for more then one year and this was paid at the start of december ~7th i think

happy new year to u aswell!

Oh I see, well that is a kind of a relief, I sincerely hope they haven't stopped my money. You see, they sent me a form to fill out about my efforts to find work, I filled it out, sent it back. Then 3 weeks later, on the cusp of Christmas, I got another one, but it was practically Christmas so I didn't have a chance to hand it back to them and I was scared to put it in the post cos you know it can get lost or severely delayed this time of year.

So I'll keep an eye on my account, should get a few bob on Thursday.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Check your account.

A double payment should have gone through for 370-odd yoyos on 18th December. This covers the payments that would have occured on the 20th & 27th December.

Business as usual tomorrow - Thursday 4th January - with new rates.

http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw19/sw19_sect6.html

HTH,
    macp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'd advise you to ring the dole office to check did the payment issue on the system. The work search efforts form should be returned aas soon as possible - did they get the first one and is that why they send a 2nd one?

I'd advise you to ring the dole office to check did the payment issue on the system. The work search efforts form should be returned aas soon as possible - did they get the first one and is that why they send a 2nd one?

Oh I handed the first one in in person, Mrs McGyv.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement