Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops open New Years Day?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Am wondering if anybody knows if clothes shops will be open New Years Day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well there was an ad on the TV earlier on for BT and BT2 giving extra discounts tomorrow and opening at 12 noon. I would guess that they will not be the only shops open in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I know they are not in the city centre but according to the websites, both Blanchardstown centre and Liffey Valley centres are closed today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

robo wrote: »
    both Blanchardstown centre and Liffey Valley centres are closed today!

My god...the end is nigh.

<hums tragedy>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

It was like a ghost town in there today, really weird! Only shops I saw open (besides food outlets) were HMV, Debenhams and Dunnes in Stephen's Green.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jello wrote: »
    It was like a ghost town in there today, really weird! Only shops I saw open (besides food outlets) were HMV, Debenhams and Dunnes in Stephen's Green.

Thats a good thing. Shop workers deserve their chrimbo holidays, just like everyone else! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Honestly do people have to go buying clothes on New Years Day? The majority of the country would be off nursing hangovers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Mr.S wrote: »
    sales!

True but ye can give it a rest for one day at least. I for one would not want to drag my carcass up on New Years Day just to assist you vultures who can't help but buy buy buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I worked New Year's Day in Dunnes Stephens Green! It was awful, quite busy. Dunnes Henry Street Grafton Ilac did not open...not sure about Georges Street or North Earl..they have groceries and the only reason we opened is because we have a grocery. Brown Thomas and BT2 opened, as did HMV...Debenhams did, Arnotts and Marks didn't..I believe A-Wear did, possibly Topshop. That's it.

Advertisement