Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do on New Years Day

Options
  • 01-01-2008 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Happy New Year to you all!

Just wondering if there is anything to do today on New Years Day? Where is the New Year swim taking place? Not that I'll be personally doing it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

anyone know if the retail park is open today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Football!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I doubt any of the major stores (bar Tescos and Dunnes?) are open today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Happy New Year to you all!

Just wondering if there is anything to do today on New Years Day? Where is the New Year swim taking place? Not that I'll be personally doing it....

Ok I am probably too late for this but the swim was on at 2 in Rosses Point today. So no doubt this was too late!

All I know is that all the shops in Johnston Court are closed. Don't know about anywhere else. All I can see being open is Tesco and local shops.
    Well my local shop is open!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hows about going to the pub :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think Tesco is open today (or at least it didn't when I worked there). As for the retail park, PC world are open, I think currys are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

You could give me a birthday present ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

This is probably a bit late but I think Pennys was open until 6pm,as for Tesco's,I'm not sure but I think I heard it was closed as was Dunnes Stores.

Up in the retail park,Land of Leather,PC World,Homebase and Currys were open.

bobcar61 wrote: »

they were the only places seen open, dunnes, tescos, pennys and everywere else closed, only a few of the news agents were open, quite suprised actually, some of the shops could have made a fortune if open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

You could give me a birthday present ;)

Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday etc. etc. etc. (Will a song do?)

Well we went to the beach to see the seal bank with the dogs, then we went to the Strand bar for a gorgeous hot chocolate, then on way to the pub to see friends, we drove passed the retail park just to see if anything was open. At the pub we briefly saw the football and on the way home we drove passed Tesco to see if Teso was open - it wasn't.
    All in all a very busy day after thinking there was nothing to do.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

My brother and dad went for a surf..

Was gutted that I couldn't go.:(

A New Years/Birthday Surf would have been deadly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    And Harry Corrys *shudders* and Halfords too, I think. Us retail monkeys don't get holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

fozzle wrote: »
    And Harry Corrys *shudders*

:D
    i used to work there

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    :D
    i used to work there

Oooh! *is intrigued* Long ago?

*edit* Wait, you don't by any chance work in the Galway branch now, do you my dear?

And Harry Corrys *shudders* and Halfords too, I think. Us retail monkeys don't get holidays.

halfords wasn't open, only went up there to go to it, pc world and currys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Sea weed bath. best thing you can try this time of year. Enniscrone or strandhill. You really feel like you have detoxed, its the best moisturiser and its forced relaxation and they are still good value arent they? If you have a partner/husband etc you used to be able to go in together.* (One of them allows this as far as I remember, maybe both.)
    Then a walk on the strand, theres nothing better for dusting off the cobwebs.

*Theres a steamer so one of you can be in there while the other is in the bath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I am planning to do the seaweed thing this year, can't wait!
    ;)

Oooh! *is intrigued* Long ago?

*edit* Wait, you don't by any chance work in the Galway branch now, do you my dear?

i dont work in galway :(

or should that be a :D

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i dont work in galway :(

or should that be a :D
    Oh, have you left? (Your name is in our profile silly - mwahahaha!!! I know exactly who you are! *evil grin* )

Oh, have you left? (Your name is in our profile silly - mwahahaha!!! I know exactly who you are! *evil grin* )

i realised the name thing as soon as i powered off the computer. i'm still employed by the company, but i try not to work

• Advertisement
Advertisement