Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Licensing Certificate?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I will be trading in a 2000 reg car tomorrow and I was just fishing out the Registration Certificate. I am wondering if I am missing a document. I also have a 2005 reg car but this doesn't have a VLC but it does have a Registration Certificate.

Does anyone know if, between, 2000 and 2004 the type of documents required have changed? That is, is the Vehicle Licensing Certificate all I need to being for the trade in, or do I require another, misplaced, document.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

azzeretti wrote: »
    I will be trading in a 2000 reg car tomorrow and I was just fishing out the Registration Certificate. I am wondering if I am missing a document. I also have a 2005 reg car but this doesn't have a VLC but it does have a Registration Certificate.

Does anyone know if, between, 2000 and 2004 the type of documents required have changed? That is, is the Vehicle Licensing Certificate all I need to being for the trade in, or do I require another, misplaced, document.

You just need the Registration certificate is all.....the same one that you use to tax the car. It should have a change of ownership on the back, but yes it will look different to your 2005 certificate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Feelgood wrote: »
    You just need the Registration certificate is all.....the same one that you use to tax the car. It should have a change of ownership on the back, but yes it will look different to your 2005 certificate...

Cheers.......but the form I use to tax the car is called the Vehicle Licensing Certificate and not the Registration Certificate, is still the correct one?

Cheers.......but the form I use to tax the car is called the Vehicle Licensing Certificate and not the Registration Certificate, is still the correct one?

Yep they are one in the same. The 2005 cert you have is just an update to the VLC cert that you have, think the newer ones are barcoded or something..

What car you buying??

Yep they are one in the same. The 2005 cert you have is just an update to the VLC cert that you have, think the newer ones are barcoded or something..

What car you buying??

Thanks for that.....its the wife whos getting the car (I'll stick with my Tdi), shes gone for a Nissan Note.
    Any comments?

Thanks for that.....its the wife whos getting the car (I'll stick with my Tdi), shes gone for a Nissan Note. Any comments?

Comments?.

Yep stick with your TDi....:)

If you want to be really fussy you could bring the VLC cert to the tax office and they will issue you one of the newers ones for €13-15 or something...

• Advertisement

Comments?.

Yep stick with your TDi....:)
    I intend to! Notes a little underpowered (and girly!?) for my liking.
    If you want to be really fussy you could bring the VLC cert to the tax office and they will issue you one of the newers ones for €13-15 or something...

Thanks, I'll see if the Garage takes it as is!

Advertisement