Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Dog With An "alergic Reaction"

Options
  • 01-01-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

for some reason my boxer pup has had an alergice reaction to something?????

Nothing has changed over the last couple of days regarding her bedding,surroundings or food.

Has anybody got any advice on what steps to take.

She is not herself at all, scratchy and not sleeping and wimpering a lot.

I intend to bring to the vet on Wednesday but is there anything I can don to help the situation.

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Have you checked for fleas? Does she have an upset stomach? What are you feeding her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

i also have a 11mth boxer who goes through phases of exteme itchiness, i put a little sudo cream on the area she is scratchs most, on my dog its under her legs, and this seems to relieve the itchness for her for a while, hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MOLLY13102007

Annika,

I Will Conduct A Thorough Search For Any Signs Of Fleas, Is There Anything In Particular I Should Be Looking Out For?

She Has Not Got An Upset Stomach But She Will Not Eat - She Is Drinking Fine. She Wont Even Eat Treats That I Have Been Giving To Her During Training

Orchidspretty,

Thanks For The Advice - Much Appreciated.

What brand of food are you feeding her?

• Advertisement

I Am Feeding Her A Dry Food - "hills Science Plan" With A Small Amount Of Pedegree Chum Mixed In. She Has Started To Shake Now!

Don't know if you are being serious or not but you obviously need to take her to the vet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Many dogs nowadays suffer from allergic reactions and just like in humans it can have many causes: fleas, food, detergent, bedding, household cleaners etc, the list is endless.

Is your Boxer white? It seems to be alot worse in some white Boxers.

You need to take your dog to a GOOD vet who is experienced in the treatment of Allergies in canines.

All,

Thank You All For Your Help.

I Brought Molly To The Vet Today And She Was Given An Antibiotic And Steroid - The People In The Animal Hospital In Ucd Were Very Helpful And Unfortunately Costly! Only Joking My Dog Is Worth Every Penny.

Once Again Thanks To All For Their Help!!!!!

Advertisement