Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockwool

Options
  • 01-01-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody could give me a rough estimate on the price of rockwool insulation per roll? I need to insulate the attic in my newly converted garage.The dimensions, length 20ft width 9ft 3".The joists are running the width of the room

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

6.9m2 at 150mm in Woodies for ~€30.
    Get prices in builders suppliers also!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Moanin wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody could give me a rough estimate on the price of rockwool insulation per roll? I need to insulate the attic in my newly converted garage.The dimensions, length 20ft width 9ft 3".The joists are running the width of the room

Thanks
    heitons 25e for a six meter roll
    and you need 190ft appox
    190/10.30appox=4 rolls 100e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

the GALL wrote: »
    heitons 25e for a six meter roll
    and you need 190ft appox
    190/10.30appox=4 rolls 100e

Perfect thanks.Did it last weekend all in cost €81

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Moanin wrote: »
    Perfect thanks.Did it last weekend all in cost €81
    i forgot to ask did you do the attic trap door you may not have thought of it try hytherm foil back board and stick it to the trap door (attic side of coarse) ive used it and found it to be the right job
    let us no how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

the GALL wrote: »
    i forgot to ask did you do the attic trap door you may not have thought of it try hytherm foil back board and stick it to the trap door (attic side of coarse) ive used it and found it to be the right job
    let us no how you get on

Never thought of that.Good idea thanks!The room feels alot warmer now of course

• Advertisement
Advertisement