Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sorry for my stupidity in advance

• 01-01-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

ok,
    a really stupid situation im in, looking for help.
    was updating a laptop, tried to upgrade the os to windows xp and the laptop crashed in the middle of it. now it had already overhauled most of the system folder, removing the command.com file and it crashed before it installed the new folder? i guess thats what happened. now when i turn on the laptop, it wont let me install or open windows as its looking for command.com.

any help would be extremely appreciated.
    madmann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You can try repairing the OS using a Windows CD to copy back important system files.

Here's a good guide: link.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tip for the future - rename files or make a copy of them before deleting.

if it was window 98 / 95 then a system disk would have the correct command.com on it. or http://www.bootdisk.com/

also don't forget all the licensing issues, you will need a valid license to authorise XP or it will expire in 30 days.

also you can't use an OEM license beause that is locked to the original PC not the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 21 madmannwithabow

thanks for your help. learned my lesson for again. just gonna buy a new hard-drive. it needs it anyway. thanks again

Advertisement