Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Eddie Rockets 3rd Jan 7.30 3RRB

• 01-01-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Let's get it on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

No such thing as an easy match lads

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran - :(
    Ed - will be there
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav - :confused:
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules –
    Art -
    Fran -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be thar!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules –
    Art -
    Fran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be thar!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav - will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules –
    Art -
    Fran -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be thar!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin -
    Gav -
    Sav - will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe -
    Jules – will be there
    Art -
    Fran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Not sure of the fitness after 10 weeks out but should be good for part of the game anyway...

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be thar!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin - Holidays
    Gav -
    Sav - will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe - will be there
    Jules – will be there
    Art -
    Fran -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just back from holidays, should be ok for this one. it will be no walkover, they seemed to have improved alot lately. a win to set the tone for the piss up afterwards, ill make one slight change and add in who is going to piss up also

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there (piss up - yes)
    Dan - will be there (piss up - yes)
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be there!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin - Holidays
    Gav -
    Sav - will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe - will be there
    Jules – will be there
    Art - will be there (piss up - yes)
    Fran -

Are there showers available in 3 Rock for after the game? I'll be heading home to drop the car off after the match but I guess lads need to know so they can make plans for afterwards.

What's the situation with our fixtures list - the sticky thread hasn't been updated so I doubt Astro.ie have given updates yet? We're still listed as playing Eddie Rockets next Monday - do we have a different game next week?

Carl -

Martin -
    Darran -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon - Will be there!
    Cathal -

Shay -
    Colm Larkin - Holidays
    Gav -
    Sav - will be there
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Niall -

Joe - will be there
    Jules – will be there (piss up - yes)
    Fran -

What's the situation with our fixtures list - the sticky thread hasn't been updated so I doubt Astro.ie have given updates yet? We're still listed as playing Eddie Rockets next Monday - do we have a different game next week?

I just checked on the Astro.ie site and it seems our next match after tomorrow will be 22md January, which is krud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I think I'll head back to DCU after the match and get a shower. I'm not carting my footie gear all round town. And I'm not sure if they'll let me into Coppers with that stuff. Ed might be able to clarify on that:D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I think I'll head back to DCU after the match and get a shower. I'm not carting my footie gear all round town. And I'm not sure if they'll let me into Coppers with that stuff. Ed might be able to clarify on that:D

des is the man for coppers martin, ask him. im sure, they wont turn you away, no matter what you have with you......

• Advertisement

I'll bring me shotgun for protection against all those feral culchy nurses in that case then :)

What's all this talk of Coppers - not gonna near that kip...only positive thing I can say for it is nobody would need a shower after the match before going there cos you wouldn't wanna be overdressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I reckon we could get into coppers in the match strip (if we let ed talk and told them it was a gaa strip :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Carl - Sick

Martin - Will be There
    Darran -
    Michael - Will be there
    Geoff - Will be there
    Simon - Will be there!
    Cathal - Will be there
    Lepo -

Shay - Will be there
    Colm Larkin - Holidays
    Gav - Will Be There
    Larry - Will be there
    Dave - Will be there
    Darragh - 50/50
    Kenny - Will be there

Sav - will be there
    Joe - won't be there
    Jules – will be there (piss up - yes)
    Fran - Work

Good solid win, we were never in any danger but it has to be said some guilt-edged chances went a-begging, coulda easily been double figures. Winning 3-0 @ HT and struggled to find the same cutting edge in the 2nd half, it kinda became one of those nights.

Next game not for a while, methinks a friendly before then would do us good. Not that any of you hoors care, out on the pish :(

An excellent 4-0 win to give us 5 wins on the trot, with scorers being Sav with 2, Dave, and Larry I think. 6 more wins means we'll be there or thereabouts in the final shakeup.

So why do I regard this 4-0 as an excellent win and the previous 6-0 only decent? Main reason is our approach & attitude was 100% top notch and we were fighting for it as much in the final minute as the 1st. Lads played the smart ball almost every time and the service to the strikers was excellent who took on loads of chances but made plenty back for the midfielders.

The only reason we didn't win at least 8-0 was some truly woeful finishing, with myself being easily the main culprit - last game was due to poor decision making, this was due to poor finishing. As a striker I've been there before and all you can do is keep making the right decisions and the corner will be turned. Not half as worrried about that as I'd be if we continued to play unsmart football.

Go back to the ethos called out for this team when we were starting it and it all ties in: a player that tries to do the right thing but fails should get a word of encouragement, and criticism is only made when a player is being selfish or foolish. Tonight we all tried the right move pretty much every time, I failed to finish some sitters, a few others missed chances, but we were playing great football so that's why I think the performance was excellent though the result is only ok.

Kudos to Art for stepping in goal again while Carl is sick and doing evyerhing (not much :D) asked of him confidently. Defence was pure solid, fullbacks giving good options going forward. Kenny, and in particular, the outstanding Dan, bossing the midfiled. My finishing aside, I felt me & Sav tore them to shreds up top with good ball retention for layoffs and through-balls. Throw in the shiftwork done by our 3 quality wingers and that explains where the football that was pretty damn slick for 2 of our goals came from :)

Now we're off to get locked - for any of the lads reading this not at the game tonight - we're heading into Messr Maguires now for a team session so head in if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Great result lads - glad to hear it!
    After my foot finally healed and I was dying to make my comeback (looked like a good match for it too:D),
    I ended up having to get a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday so there was no chance I could make it out for either the game or the piss up:(
    - hopefully it was a great night and nobody caught anything too serious in coppers :D:D

Good session. Sound bunch of lads and some good laughs were had by all but man am I hanging today...maybe the jagerbombs weren't such a good idea after all...:)

i concur with everything jules says, FOR ONCE!!!!!!

we have some sound bunch on our team....great craic, and no, we were not in coppers!!!

4-0, another win, 5 in a row and 3 clean sheets in a row. have we left it too late to win this league? i think we are going the right way anyway, we have won 5, no reason we cant win 6 more. if results work out, if we were to win 6 from 6, i reckon we could win the league. theres still slot of ball to be played. the games between the 3 teams above us are key.

Great win, great performance and great attitude. We;ve scored 28 goals in our last 7 games. That's a ridiculously good record. Definitely think we can go the rest of the season unbeaten.

As for the night out, twas a good laugh. And no coppers involved either :D

• Advertisement

have we left it too late to win this league?
    IMHO, probably. Don't get me wrong we'll be pushing them all the way, but we have had one or possibly 2 very poor results that, as we suspected, are coming back to bite us in the ass.

In hindsight, the last minute goal against IFG (0-1) and the SS result (3-4) really hampered our chances to win it. But them's the breaks, the others have only lost 1 or 2 whereas we've lost 4 so now trying to make up ground.

Anyway we're not giving up til the last ball is kicked.;)

Advertisement