Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Lee boxing in Limerick

Options
  • 01-01-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick note that the University Concert hall has being booked in principle for the 2nd Febuary 2008 for Andy Lee's first fight in Limerick as a pro.

No opponent has been confirmed as of yet, but it looks like it will be a defence of the Irish Supermiddleweight title.

The lad has been good to his word about wanting his first Irish fight of 2008 to be held in Limerick, and it would be great for the people of Limerick to snap up tickets as soon as they go on sale and give him a roasing response when he heads for the ring.

He is a great role model for kids and a great ambassador for Limerick, and as such, should get the support he deserves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Wouldn't be a big boxing fan but I think it's great that Lee will get an opportunity to have a competitive fight in his home city.

BTW, will the concert hall be big enough and is it suitable for a boxing ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phog wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a big boxing fan but I think it's great that Lee will get an opportunity to have a competitive fight in his home city.

BTW, will the concert hall be big enough and is it suitable for a boxing ring?

It is great that he pushed for it, and kept plugging away at wanting to have a live televised fight to be held in his hometown.

I hope in a couple of years that the lad is fighting in Limerick again, but with a World Title to his name and in Thomond Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I seriously doubt it's the consert hall. It seems totally unsuitable, having sat in it for at least 4 hours a week for 30 weeks each of the last 2 years. Late Late yes. Boxing no.

I'll do some digging, but I reckon the Arena is a more likely venue.

Fair play to him and the Arena team

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

The arena it is and tickets are supposed to go on sale today (Friday 4th).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

well, that makes more sense! i was like WTH? UCH for a fight? thats crazy talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Where do we buy tickets from? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Casperbhoy wrote: »

Don't know, but I'm gonna find out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Ticketmaster. From Monday according to the email the sports administrator at UL just sent out. The Arena don't sell tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

9am monday morning from ticket master and usual outlets nation wide

well thats what was on live95 this morning !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Seen him fight in the point on that disapointing night where Berno Dunne got the shíte kicked out of him, it will be good to see Lee fight again!

sceptre wrote: »
    Ticketmaster. From Monday according to the email the sports administrator at UL just sent out. The Arena don't sell tickets.

Jeez you reaaly are bored Sceptre...you've even found time to pop over her to the Limerick forum:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

looking at buyng some tickets from ticketmaster.ie, never been to the Arena before

Ringside seats 125 euros, 60 euros for tiered seating.

90 euros for block seating

Anyone have an Arena seating layout?

Whats the difference between tiered seating & the blocks?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

its on the ticketmaster site....

Advertisement