Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to the soccer forum

Options
  • 01-01-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all. I was just wondering how long it usualy takes to be granted access to the soccer forum. I have been a member of boards for longer than a month which is required and have posted the necessary 50 comments. My 51st comment was to apply for access. This was yesterday at 01.53. However, I have not yet been granted access which I find strange as one of the mods has declined someone who requested access after me. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this or if it simply an oversight by one of the mods?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

it took a week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

enner43 wrote: »
    Hi all. I was just wondering how long it usualy takes to be granted access to the soccer forum. I have been a member of boards for longer than a month which is required and have posted the necessary 50 comments. My 51st comment was to apply for access. This was yesterday at 01.53. However, I have not yet been granted access which I find strange as one of the mods has declined someone who requested access after me. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this or if it simply an oversight by one of the mods?
    Well part of what the mods do is to check to make sure that you aren't just spamming 50 posts so that you can get access (especially since you applied on exactly that number). This involves reading over all of your previous posts, so would take a bit more effort than denying the person who applied after you, as it was easy to see that they didn't even have the 50 posts.

Give them a few days to get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's only been a few hours.

Do you think he was sitting with his fingers poised over the keyboards just waiting for a request to respond to?

Mods have lives too. Allegedly.

Patience young Padwan, patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hagar wrote: »
    Mods have lives too. Allegedly.

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

smashey wrote: »
    Since when?

Since New Year's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And that is why we are always being told - "get a life"

muffler wrote: »
    And that is why we are always being told - "get a life"

Get a life :rolleyes:

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its New Years Day.....give them a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Hagar wrote: »
    Do you think he was sitting with his fingers poised over the keyboards just waiting for a request to respond to?

LOL. I suppose I did! Cheers for that guys. I didn't realize that they read through all the previous posts so I guess I'll have to be a bit more patient. I was just hoping to give my two cents on todays games!

enner43 wrote: »
    LOL. I suppose I did! Cheers for that guys. I didn't realize that they read through all the previous posts so I guess I'll have to be a bit more patient. I was just hoping to give my two cents on todays games!
    Ah yes. Just be a wee bit patient. It does take a bit of time for the mods to work on your access request. You should have access in the next couple of days (Im assuming as I am not mod there).

Dont go shitting the nest though when you do have access - read the forum charter and live long and prosper :)

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote: »
    Get a life :rolleyes:

asshole

Man United-/Liverpool-supporting scum.

(Probably :))

(Probably :))
    No probably at all - I am scum (in your eyes) I support Utd.

Thats Basquille in one of his many many T shirts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

muffler wrote: »
    No probably at all - I am scum (in your eyes) I support Utd.

Just one bit of advise before you get access. Using the word scum in the soccer forum is likely to get you banned from the soccer forum. Especially in this context, I know i just served a ban for using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Did someone forget to boot up the MOD-BOT this morning :D

Advertisement