Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting lecture from 1958

Options
  • 01-01-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I wanted to share with you all what I have just read in another forum:

SHOOTING FOR SPORT IN THE USSR

IRON CURTAIN COUNTRIES RECOGNIZE VALUE OF VIVILIAN SHOOTERS, ENCOURAGE GUN SPORTS --IF YOU'RE A GOOD SECURITY RISK

...There is a catch of course. No one is permitted to own any type of firearm unless he belongs to a shooting club. And Iron Curtain shooting clubs are largely sponsored by the military authorities, who supply ranges, weapons, and ammunition. No person who has any sort of police record can join a shooting club; and since "police record" includes political as well as criminal misdemeanors, Iron Curtain citizens who tote rifles,, shot guns, or target pistols are generally good security risks...

...high-velocity bullets are almost unknown in Russia, and since handloading does not exist as a popular pastime...

...But their sale is not necessarily free to every farmer who can scratch up the kopecks. News photos from Russia show identical shotguns in the hands of military personnel in off-hours hunting recreation, suggesting there are actually weapons made for the government...

...Shooting regulations are, if anything, more strict in Rumania than they are in Russia. As well as belonging to a club, shooters must hold a license for every weapon they purchase. Licenses are obtained through the club, which makes application on behalf of the shooter to the police...

...To which most American readers will answer with the author, "They can have it!" We prefer our own type of hunting and our comparative freedom from police regulations...

~
    By Jeff Carter
    Guns Magazine - January 1958
    (C) Publishers Development Corp.

I guess it's food for thought!

I wish you a Happy New Year 2008!

Advertisement