Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Laser Card Issues

Options
  • 01-01-2008 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I've recently started to use my laser card to buy everything, mainly in shops with that hand held thing they have. Anyway, was in dundrum last week buying something and when I used my card in the unit, it wouldnt work. Now she just swiped it and it was grand. Just put it down to it being there unit and didnt think to much about it.

Was buying something yesteday in a different place and the same error message appeared. Once again they swiped it and everything was grand.

Mentioned it to a mate and he said something similar happened to his. So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem of the chip and pin readers not being able to read there card, meaning they have to be swiped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I've recently started to use my laser card to buy everything, mainly in shops with that hand held thing they have. Anyway, was in dundrum last week buying something and when I used my card in the unit, it wouldnt work. Now she just swiped it and it was grand. Just put it down to it being there unit and didnt think to much about it.

Was buying something yesteday in a different place and the same error message appeared. Once again they swiped it and everything was grand.

Mentioned it to a mate and he said something similar happened to his. So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem of the chip and pin readers not being able to read there card, meaning they have to be swiped.

Hi

same happened to me a few times in my local shop and couple of other places, so they swipe the card. But it works ok in other shops.

Also with AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

moved to banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

My finaceé is having the same issues with her AIB Laser from our joint account. Changing to Halifax in the next few days to avail of the Visa debit card, which is more widely accepted and can be used on Irish PayPal accounts for internet purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Had the same problem, but I just got a new card, as the previous one wasn't getting read in some ATM machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Could be a faulty chip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

chip is damaged, probably a minor scratch on it someplace, happened me before, you need to get it replaced.

your credit rating is still safe :)

Advertisement