Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texting from Vietnam & Thailand

• 01-01-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

Hey

In Ho Chi Minh at the mo and cannot text home on a ready to go phone. Keeps coming up does not support text messages or something

Anyone know if its possible to text from Vietnam or thailand or is it just my crappy phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Mobiles/PDA's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hey

In Ho Chi Minh at the mo and cannot text home on a ready to go phone. Keeps coming up does not support text messages or something

Anyone know if its possible to text from Vietnam or thailand or is it just my crappy phone
    I was over there until December and couldn't use my Vodafone sim card to text/call home. I ended up just buying local sim cards anyway.

Just as I was about to leave Thailand I got a text saying use the code 001353 though. Might be the same for Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

I recently traveled around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos with a few mates and had no problems getting reception with 02 (when I rang them before I left I was told I would probably have no reception in Laos & Cambodia, had no trouble though). My phones nothing special, nokia 6100 - bout 3 yrsa old.

My mates are on Vodafone and Meteor and had pretty much nothing reception wise (Vodafone were ok in Thailand, Meteor drew a complete blank). Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭genfoley

sorry been to vietnam twice in the last year and a bit and I am ready to go, you can recieve txts but you can only send them via vodafone online or o2 online whichever you are with............nJOY !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers

Going to Thailand soon so will try there as not working in Vietnam so have to use vodafone online

And for anyone thinking of buying a phone in Hong Kong or Vietnam you get better value at home even in China they were expensive. Was some copies but did not risk it

Maybe more up to date phones but going to wait until I get back home and will post for views later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Still cannot text from Thailand thought I could

Keep getting

Mesage sending failed No network support for messages

On the TH True network

Have the phone on divert is this causing it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

most likely VF dont ahve a RTG roaming agreement with the operator so you wont be able to send any SMS, bill pay would be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

use vodafone online or mail

Advertisement