Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY Car Wash - Products

Options
  • 01-01-2008 4:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I decided id branch this topic away from the one on car washes as its mainly talking about the ones in garages and very little on DIY washing. Its clear that the machines out there are damaging cars, and the power houses (for me at least) don't do as good a job. So we are left with doing it ourselves. Most people suggest the two bucket method, and iv been PMd some interesting links to products to use when doing the wash.

One in particular stood out: Poorboys. I googled it, and it seems popular enough. However, someone else said that it doesn't last very long and other products are better. Shops seem to sell this Turtle product, and that was recommended by another lad I know locally. All for outside use.

So, what do people use? What do they find give the best results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Outside...

Prewash - Foam lance with autobrite super snow foam
    Wash - Carbrite cherry bomb shampoo using an edge shmitt or lambs wool mitt and two bucket method
    Dry - Sonus der wunder waffleweave microfiber drying towels
    Clay - Sonus ultra fine deteiling clay
    Glaze - Clearkote vanilla moose-wax hand glaze
    Sealant - Chemical guys jet seal, 2 layers
    Summer Wax - Clearkote carnauba moose wax, 4 layers for summer.
    Winter Wax - Collinite 476s super double coat, 2 layers for winter.
    Wheels - Chemical guys jetseal topped with poorboys world wheel sealant
    Tyres - Carbrite reflect

Inside...

Leather - Gliptone gentle leather cleaner followed by liquid leather conditioner
    Trim - Poorboys world natural look dressing or enizett cockpit premium
    Door seals - Einzett Gummi Pflege
    Glass - Meguiars NXT glass cleaner

Machine polish...

Portercable orbital buffer with sonus SFX foam pads
    Menzerna medium cut and final finish compounds
    Poorboys world SSR3 heavy cut compound

Think thats about it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You certinally look after your car anyway!

Advertisement