Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostos by John Moriarty

Options
  • 01-01-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

After being introduced to John Moriarty by Tommy Tiernan's OKBaby DVD, I have just purchased Nostos which is several hundred pages in length. Has anyone on here read this book before? Many have found it hard to read, and the wording is very fascinating.

There's a good explanation of the book, located here: http://www.lilliputpress.ie/listbook.html?oid=2732831

Considering it is fairly hard to read I plan on using this thread for questions and disection of the book, and I look forward to your input.

Cheers,
    pid().

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

pid() wrote: »
    After being introduced to John Moriarty by Tommy Tiernan's OKBaby DVD, I have just purchased Nostos which is several hundred pages in length. Has anyone on here read this book before? Many have found it hard to read, and the wording is very fascinating.

There's a good explanation of the book, located here: http://www.lilliputpress.ie/listbook.html?oid=2732831

Considering it is fairly hard to read I plan on using this thread for questions and disection of the book, and I look forward to your input.

Cheers,
    pid().

How did you get on with reading Johns books have you read the trilogy turtle was gone a long time....

Northclare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Northclare wrote: »
    How did you get on with reading Johns books have you read the trilogy turtle was gone a long time....

Northclare

Looks like their account is banned so you probably won't get a reply from him/her.

I read Nostos just over a year ago. It was an amazing read, in more ways than one. I found it very challenging, descriptive, poetic, and felt enlightened after reading it. John is dearly missed. I'm going home to Ireland soon and I intend on bringing the book back with me. I plan on re-reading it multiple times.

While I love my new Kindle, I take great satisfaction at having this book on my bookshelf.

Unfortunately Nostos is the only book of John's that I possess, and his others are no longer available on Amazon so I might order them direct from Liliput Press.

I made the plunge and bought One Evening in Eden. http://www.lilliputpress.ie/book/33767624/moriarty_john-one_evening_in_eden.html

Epic is an understatement. This should be in every household in Eire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I love his poetry,
    I see your enjoying his box set :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement