Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

n95 8gb or n82

• 01-01-2008 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

need some advice,

I am going to be getting a new phone soon and the decision is now between the n95 8gb and the n82.

Anybody have either phone and could you offer any advise on what to get.

also list some pros v cons if you are aware of any between the two phones.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

http://forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=70986

comparison thread on mobile review forum. The nokia 'compare phones' system doesnt have the N82 registered yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭football man

thank you,

n82 it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where's the best place to get one of these or an n95? also what are they retailing at.

i am getting mine off ebay. the n82 will be about €420 including p&p and the n95 8gb is about €60 more.

if you are thinking of getting one just make sure the seller as loads of good feedback in relation to selling similar items (ie high price phones)

both are on expansys.ie for €680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Hey,

Do you know if there is any difference between the Hong Kong Version and the European model?

I see you posted a thread already on this..just wondering if you found anything out? That's the one worrying thing for me if buying from Ebay from Hong Kong, that it may be a cheaper copy. For example on exspansys HK the price equates to 451Eur...just wondering how it can be so much cheaper on Ebay?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

hi all, I have owned BOTH phones in the past 3 weeks. I prefer the N82 by miles... Much better. Camera protector, Xenon flash, built in Rotate facility that rotates the screen if you turn phone into landscape mode. Its much nicer.
    N95 8gb is even fatter then the N95. plus the screen is massive but has the same amount of pixels hence the resolution is not as sharp as the N82. The slider was ok, but I don't like sliders. They open when trying to take phone out of jeans.
    It is also impossible to handle theN95 to send a text etc without smudging the lens. Impossible. This won't bother you if your not into the camera at all.
    It's extremely slow to transfer 2GB og music onto the MASS memory on the N92 8gb too. Much quicker on the N82 as you can pop out the Memory card and put it direct into a laptop card reader, and then pop it back in phone. literally 2X faster. Please ask me any questions you have as I have used both extensively over the past 2 - 3 weeks. (sold the N95 8gb 2 days ago).

btw if you buy a phone in from Asia (99% of N82s are from asia at the moment) bare in mind you have no warranty in europe. I have a dead pixel on my N82. Its smaller than --> . <-- a period but its marginally annnoying to someone with OCD like me so I will sell the phone cheap on adverts and buy a new one. If this was a EU bought handset, Nokia would replace it or the screen free of charge. No such luck with an asian phone.
    Build quality wise, they are all the same, made to strict Nokia controlled standards.

PS. did I mention the xenon flash on the N82 produces much more realistic flashed pics.

the phones from hong kong are the same as stated about but the only risk you have to take is the fact that you have no warranty. however if you buy from a good ebay seller if the phone is not working when you receive it they will offer a refund or replace. anyway my biggest probem with mobiles is losing them and not the damage or faults that may occur so i will take the change and hope it is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I agree football man. Its a risk. Most ebayers will exchange if there is a fault. Bear in mind that Fedex-ing back a phone to Asia costs 81euro (I checked). The seller won't reimburse the return costs most of the time.

If the phone is not defective when you receive it, it will more than likley be fine for years.

Advertisement