Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog

• 01-01-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just a quick message. Me and my family were in a friends last night for New years at a house in Wilkins street and our dog got spooked by the fireworks and made a bolt up the road. She's been missing since then and we've been looking everywhere so I just wanted to get the word out hoping that someone might have seen her. She is a jet black miniature labrador. Quiet enough to strangers. Her name is Dot. 9 years old.She wasn't wearing a collar at the time. Shes such a beloved little thing so any help would be appreciated. cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

am sorry bout the dog, did ou try wlr they sometimes mention lost/found animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Try ring WLR, they might put it on air for you...
    woof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yup already been in touch with the radio stations. They called it out a few times already. Just a contact number for us incase anyone needs it is 0862200388

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Did you check the City Pound?

did indeed. In touch with them every day just incase

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Put up some notices around the area - someone might spot it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I saw your notice in De La Salle today...I'll keep a look out:cool:
    good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Could you not post a pic asmodean???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Aw that's upsetting.

Don't give up hope, last week a woman living in Dublin was reunited with her dog that was stolen 9 months earlier. Her dog was found in London.

Hi all. A good ending to this story fortunately. We found her yesterday out by the port road. She's safe now and being brought to the vets for a check up. We're nothing short of ecstatic to have her back!
    Thank you to everyone on here who helped out over the last few weeks. We all apprectiate it so much!

• Advertisement

Aw that's good news. Pets become part of the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Great news! I kept checking and hoping you had good news.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

aah thats great, you were lucky to have found her, didnt she travel a good bit all the same! just as well she didnt go down to the end of the port road where the new 'residents' are staying, friends of ours had to buy back their 'lost' dog from them a couple of weeks ago.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Asmodean wrote: »
    Hi all. A good ending to this story fortunately. We found her yesterday out by the port road. She's safe now and being brought to the vets for a check up. We're nothing short of ecstatic to have her back!
    Thank you to everyone on here who helped out over the last few weeks. We all apprectiate it so much!

Excellent news! :)

friends of ours had to buy back their 'lost' dog from them a couple of weeks ago.

We actually got a call from such residents saying that if we increased the reward money by 200 euro that they would 'find' her. We still hadn't gotten back to them when we found her so they either let her go or she got away, either way it makes her return even more happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

hehe a small world :p
    Glad you got her home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

We actually got a call from such residents saying that if we increased the reward money by 200 euro that they would 'find' her. We still hadn't gotten back to them when we found her so they either let her go or she got away, either way it makes her return even more happy.
    In other words these guys had your dog and held her to ransom.
    but u got lucky and found her wanderin around close by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

What kind of scum do that? Ffs, I know there's worse out there, but still!

Is this the dog that's in the local paper?

If it is I know the owner and didn't realise it was her dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Good news. Glad to hear it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Excellent. I saw the posters in City Vets when I was in there with my wee fella and I'd been keeping an eye out for her around town. Glad she's back safe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Read the piece in the N&S yesterday:D

Advertisement