Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia N95 big problems

• 01-01-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭

im very cross

i cant get my nokia n95 going after the update

i need a password for my nokia n95 memory card

never had a password on my card

and the gps is even opening

im afraid to format the card because im not sure will that get rid of the password thing

and my computer isnt even picking up the card

and when i try to use nokia back up suite it only backs up to 61% wont go any higher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

im very cross

i cant get my nokia n95 going after the update

i need a password for my nokia n95 memory card

never had a password on my card

and the gps is even opening

im afraid to format the card because im not sure will that get rid of the password thing

and my computer isnt even picking up the card

and when i try to use nokia back up suite it only backs up to 61% wont go any higher

5 seconds with Google gave me this:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=37958

When updating firmware you are always better off to remove memory cards before starting the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

skearon wrote: »
    5 seconds with Google gave me this:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=37958

When updating firmware you are always better off to remove memory cards before starting the update

I did google it but i found nothing. thanks skearon for the link

im also having problems with the gps map

i can open the application but the map doesnt come up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

I did google it but i found nothing. thanks skearon for the link

im also having problems with the gps map

i can open the application but the map doesnt come up

Sounds like you might need to wipe your handset

If you have contacts saved suggest you sync to Outlook or Exchange first, then wipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my memory card is working now but i cant restore my contacts etc after update of 20.0.015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

my battery only lasts half a day so got another new battery and its still same is there anything that i can do to resolve this???????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

pebbles21 wrote: »
    my battery only lasts half a day so got another new battery and its still same is there anything that i can do to resolve this???????????

Adjust your brightness settings - going down by only one bar makes a huge difference to the battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

pebbles21 wrote: »

I have the same problem since V20 - battery disappears even at night when the phone isn't being used at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

No problems here with v20 , battery lasts much longer.Only have to charge it every second day.Strange.. must be a lot of faulty ones about? p.s. I turn the phone off at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

When the phone is set in dual mode, (works on GSM, and 3G where available) power consumption is higher. If you don't surf, switching to GSM will improve battery life. Apparantly a lot of power is consumed searching for 3G / 3.5G.

Turn down screen brightness a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I agree but it seems to be that it doesn't matter whether you choose GSM or UMTS as long as it's not dual mode.I have mine on UMTS all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement