Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom on vista?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Just bought tom tom 520 music and it cant find driver 4 w/vista and it wont read out incoming msg's only outgoing any suggestions im getting p/off?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

scottd wrote: »
    Just bought tom tom 520 music and it cant find driver 4 w/vista and it wont read out incoming msg's only outgoing any suggestions im getting p/off?????
    Do you mean it wont read incoming texts from the phone when connected via Bluetooth? If that's the case it has nothing to do with Vista:confused:
    Reading of incoming/outgoing texts is dependant on the model of the phone. e.g. my Nokia 6310i doesn't support incoming messages, but does support outgoing. My wife's 6230i works a treat with incoming and outgoing texts - tomtom reads them aloud ok;)

If you just want to upload/download mp3's to the tomtom, it should act as a standard removable drive. Doesn't need any special windows drivers. Try turning off Bluetooth on the tomtom before you connect it to the PC. Vista may be trying to operate the Bluetooth features and may be getting confused.... good ol Microsoft:D

Advertisement